Thread: Unable to Play video clips from EllenTV.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Unable to Play video clips from EllenTV.

Hey anyone know HOW TO get the video clips on EllenTV.com to play ?

I am using Chrome and don't seem to be able to play any of the video clips.
    Chrome is up to date, cache memory cleaned, flash updated---still does not work.

Anyone any ideas? Thank you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Do you have any script blocking software active?

It wasn't playing for me and I enabled one of the blocked domains and it started working.

I should say I'm using Firefox and not Chroms, but it could still be the issue.
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi James:

I am a little technically challenged on this one--- how and where do I unblock script blocking software?

I tried it with Micorsoft EDGE ---the video plays. It just does not like Chrome..... at least it plays on EDGE ...

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jlilest View Post
    Do you have any script blocking software active?

It wasn't playing for me and I enabled one of the blocked domains and it started working.

I should say I'm using Firefox and not Chroms, but it could still be the issue.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I use an add on for Firefox called No Script.

It by default blacklists all domains, preventing scripts from those domains from being run in the browser.
    It shows a list of domains being blocked/allowed on the current page and you can temporarily enable them, block them, or permanently enable them.

It operates on the model that certain websites are safe/desirable and others aren't. That isn't really an entirely valid assumption since sites can be compromised and thus be dangerous, even though in normal circumstances they are safe.

I would imagine chrome has similar software available, but I don't know that.

It is possible Ellen's site isn't coded to support chrome.

I personally don't like chrome. I don't really like Firefox's current UI since it seems to be that they are trying to look like chrome. I use an add on that reverts the ui to the most part back to the older firefox style.
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?