Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: portia and ellen true...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default What about Ellen's ring

Did anyone notice that she wore her ring on her talk show until the news broke about the separation. It was absent on her finger as of a couple of days ago. Sounds like her publicity people have been at work with this one.

I hope this is just a short separation, but the ring thing bugs me.

Ellen-Fan
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: I'm so disappointed in Ellen

Quote Originally Posted by thetadcat
    Alex was her world when the chips were down but now that she has so much success and good fortune she dumps her and goes for another version of Anne Heche.

Some people just don't know something good when they have it. If this is a midlife crisis as one report stated then she's going to get a very rude awakening.

Regardless, even if she comes to her senses today the damage is done and her relationship with Alex will never be so solid and safe again.

I really feel bad for Alex!
    The part about not knowing what you have until it's gone is totally true. We'll always have that shortcoming, or so it seems. There is the human tendency to take core benefits for granted, but still, we'll likely never know the root cause of their own separation. It could be mid-life crisis, it could be abuse (of either the emotional or physical side of a person, or of a substance), it could be neglect...we could guess until doomsday & still not know the truth. Something major happened & I just hope that they could both work through it to their mutual benefit, regardless of the eventual outcome (meaning who ends up where, as long as they are both whole @ the end).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: I'm so disappointed in Ellen

Quote Originally Posted by mom_of_12
    Alex was her world when the chips were down but now that she has so much success and good fortune she dumps her and goes for another version of Anne Heche.

Some people just don't know something good when they have it. If this is a midlife crisis as one report stated then she's going to get a very rude awakening.

Regardless, even if she comes to her senses today the damage is done and her relationship with Alex will never be so solid and safe again.

I really feel bad for Alex!
    The part about not knowing what you have until it's gone is totally true. We'll always have that shortcoming, or so it seems. There is the human tendency to take core benefits for granted, but still, we'll likely never know the root cause of their own separation. It could be mid-life crisis, it could be abuse (of either the emotional or physical side of a person, or of a substance), it could be neglect...we could guess until doomsday & still not know the truth. Something major happened & I just hope that they could both work through it to their mutual benefit, regardless of the eventual outcome (meaning who ends up where, as long as they are both whole @ the end).

I agree with you. Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of Ellen DeGeneres but like the rest of you I feel very sad that they parted. It's the timing of it is all plus coming off the Dateline interview, she could have left talking about Alex out it and kept to her privacy issue. But to talk about how happy they are and then to initiate the breakup. I think that what blows so many people away. But you're right we can debate this until the end of time and it won't matter, but it helps to vent. Normally I don't care what happens in celebrities lives but this one hit a nerve with me so I know I'm putting some personal feelings into this post.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hey...how are you so sure that Ellen initiated the breakup? Their statement did not indicate that...and we have no other way of knowing! For all we know...maybe Alex is the one who wanted this...especially if she wants the kid and Ellen doesn't...whaddya think?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by forellen
    Hey...how are you so sure that Ellen initiated the breakup? Their statement did not indicate that...and we have no other way of knowing! For all we know...maybe Alex is the one who wanted this...especially if she wants the kid and Ellen doesn't...whaddya think?
    There's several articles out there stating that Ellen initiated the breakup. They are quotes from people that supposedly know her. Yes, this could be what Alex wants, maybe the interview and the fact she was against having kids was the last straw. Who knows! If you want to locate these articles just do a google search for "Ellen DeGeneres" and they should pull up on top of the screen. Read them and give me your opinion.

Ellen-Fan
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

The 'PlanetOut' website also has an article on this. Was the headline on their latest newsletter I got this morning. According to the article, its all rumours at the moment, as Ellen's people (or as she puts it, her 'posse') are refusing to comment.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by forellen
    There's several articles out there stating that Ellen initiated the breakup. They are quotes from people that supposedly know her. Yes, this could be what Alex wants, maybe the interview and the fact she was against having kids was the last straw. Who knows! If you want to locate these articles just do a google search for "Ellen DeGeneres" and they should pull up on top of the screen. Read them and give me your opinion.
    Hmmm...well I went through the articles and they do seem to indicate that Ellen is the one who broke up. But, Ellen is the high profile one in this situation...how come none of the articles speak about Alex and what she's doing etc...? They keep talking about the 'mid life crisis' with a younger gal...well,Alex is not too much older than Portia..you know what I mean? She's a young, hot one too! It doesn't make too much sense to me...They have been in a 4 year relationship....the only thing that makes me feel that there could be some truth to the Portia thing is the fact that Ellen admits to it being a sudden, unexpected turn of events. What could have happened so suddenly...and unpredictably?? Cheating???? :cry:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Or maybe it really isn't so sudden as they're making it to be coz Alex did move out over a month ago...so they have probably been dealing with issues long before that....they just officially called it off with taking off the rings etc...and the media is builing up that Portia thing in retrospect.....how come there was no news about the VH1 hookup till the news of the breakup came out 10 days later???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I've read the Advocate statement, news reports, People Magazine's report and the NY Post.

Regardless, it sounds like they have ended their relationship but plan to remain friends and be supportive of each other. I certainly hope this much is true, anyway.

Now I'm doubting my own thoughts. I think at this point I'm going to sit back and just see what pops up. If Ellen is seeing anyone new it will be splashed all over the pages of Us Magazine soon enough. Her pix is in there one way or another almost every week.

I think it's just that we all enjoyed their success, personalities, attractiveness, and happiness so much that it hurts to see it end. I know that I for one saw their relationship as a model to strive towards - to have that dashed so suddenly is hard.

They both seem to be such wonderful people and everyone wants a happy story and a dream to love.

We are all feeling the loss, almost like a death, but in time we can only be supportive as fans and wish them the best. All the talking, wishing and hoping will not change anything. We just have to wait and see what happens.

And for my last wishful thought - maybe a break will be what they both need. If it's over a baby, then Ellen will know soon what matters most, her total freedom or Alex. If it's over another girl, then if their love runs really deep then in time they will find their way back to each other.

Well, enough from me - nothing I say or do will change a thing, but talking about it did help. Geez, if we all feel this bad just think how Alex and Ellen feel!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

' Sit back and see what pops up' !...seems like a great idea to me!! I wish Ellen gets a glimpse of this website sometime...she sure will be amused to see all the brain storming that's going on here!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast