Thread: Saturday Night Live

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Saturday Night Live

Oh my, did anyone happen to watch Saturday Night Live tonight? (Nov.20) at 11:30? Did anyone happen to see the cartoon they made and it was about Bush trying to make gay people straight, he had a mind control maching, and he made Rosie O' Donnel make-out with Richard Simmons, and Ellen DeGeneres basically have sex with Ryan Seacrest, the cartoon of Ellen said to Ryan "I want you inside of me.." and she stripped her clothes down to a bra and underwear and proceded to uh....do the wild thang with Seacrest. Now, I'm a fan of SNL, and most celebrities don't take it seriously when SNL does spoofs of them, but I'm sorry, I thought with this cartoon it went just a little too far with the images and the words and it was a little offensive. If anyone else saw it, mind telling me how you felt about it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I didn't see it, but that makes me feel a bit sad. I hope Ellen's not upset by it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yea I saw it and was a little shocked by it! I know its usually all done in fun but that seemed a little extreme.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i saw it too. when rosie o donnel came out with richard simmons i was pretty sure they were gonna poke fun at ellen too. but i was still a bit shocked at what "she did" with ryan seacrest. the real ellen probably saw it, she mentions on the show that she watches SNL. i wonder what she thought of it. :?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Am I the only one who thought the bit was funny? I honestly don't think Ellen would be offended by that. If anything, she'd probably be cracking up - in my opinion it's a bit of an honor to be spoofed by SNL. Haven't you heard of the Friar's Club? There are actually televised roasts of people, and even though I know Ellen doesn't care for mean spirited stuff, if anyone can have a sense of humor about them it's Ellen. If anything, it was Bush that came off like an idiot in that cartoon trying to change people. Lighten up people, I bet we see a clip of it on her show sometime, perhaps in January if Ryan Seacrest comes on to promote new season of American Idol. Saying all this, I'm not trying to take away from your feelings if you were offended. You have a right to your opinion just as I do.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I wasn't offended by it, it was slightly amusing and I also figured after they had Rosie there they would probably bring on Ellen. I just wasn't expecting stuff like that I had just changed the channel for a second and caught that SNL cartoon as it happened!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by curbside
    I wasn't offended by it, it was slightly amusing and I also figured after they had Rosie there they would probably bring on Ellen.
    it was the same for me. i figured if rosie was gonna be on it, ellen would be too.

Ellen-Fan
    In the words of Robin Williams: "the whitest f***ing state in the union"...It's true.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Okay, I was just plain grossed out. It was a bit funny, but really unflatering. It was just nasty.