Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally, the official statement Ellen and Alex break silence

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i'm not disagreeing but how does this confirm that....i think it confirms nothing. one could argue either way.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I personally think they handled that quite well with the statement.
    It must be extremely difficult to say anything at all when ones feelings are in turmoil.
    But I really felt the silence was starting to hurt their reputation badly.

Obviously the official statement doesn't say ANYTHING about their motivations and stuff leading up to the breakup. And that's alright. All this IS in fact nobodies busines. I understand that some people want to know about their heroin's morals or speculating helps them in some way to come to terms with the strong feelings this break up obviously seems to have caused in their own personal lives. (I actually find this pretty interesting as it has caused a bit of an upheaval in my feelings at first too. I'm ok now though ).
    But I reckon we won't be hearing anything more out of their mouths on this motive issue for a lot of months or even years. The rest will all be speculation. And probably stay that way.
    I'm cool with that.

I guess the speculations and rumours in the media will also go on, for some time to come, but at least now, with their joint statement, they, I believe will have taken some of the worst bite out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Monst83
    Alex wanted to have kids and Ellen doesn't (maybe she feels she's too 'old', which is redicolous)
    Feeling too old to have kids at 46 is not ridiculous. Not everyone that age will feel the same way, but it certainly is not ridiculous. There's a whole lot of stuff to consider see.

Sorry, what I meant was even though she is older than the "average" women for children, she would probably make a great mom.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Ah, i see. Glad we cleared that up. :?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I wish TEDS would give Ellen some time off....God knows she deservers it!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

thursday is the last show of the year... for the next two weeks its reruns... so she just some much needed and much deserved time off

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Well, that's good for her....We'll miss her...but she'll get to sleep in and sort things out.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

It takes 2 to break up a relationship, and breakups are never easy, specially between two women, in my opinion. Maybe they overestimated the strength of their relationship. I read somewhere that they have both been very busy with their careers lately to the point of their relationship being put in the back burner, so to speak. Been there...

You'd have to almost heartless not to feel the pain of breaking up, even for the person ending it. I don't think Ellen is heartless. I think they both did whatever they could to save the relationship, but could not find a common ground anymore. From what we've all read, the relationship has been strained before the breakup, so maybe the last straw was Ellen's misadventures with Portia, if true.

If I had to guess what happened (not that it matters at this point):

Ellen got drunk that night so she had a little too much fun with Portia. Then, she went home to Alex and told her all about it. Alex got angry of course, but seeing that Ellen was sincere when she said it did not mean anything, plus the extra credit for telling the truth, Alex decided to try to let it go. In the end, the broken trust proved to be too much to handle.

Whatever the case maybe, I wish them both well. I am certain their pain shall pass, my hope for them is that it does sooner than later.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default I did hear it was about kids.Ellen used to want kids

Quote Originally Posted by mafamba
    I personally think they handled that quite well with the statement.
    It must be extremely difficult to say anything at all when ones feelings are in turmoil.
    But I really felt the silence was starting to hurt their reputation badly.

Obviously the official statement doesn't say ANYTHING about their motivations and stuff leading up to the breakup. And that's alright. All this IS in fact nobodies busines. I understand that some people want to know about their heroin's morals or speculating helps them in some way to come to terms with the strong feelings this break up obviously seems to have caused in their own personal lives. (I actually find this pretty interesting as it has caused a bit of an upheaval in my feelings at first too. I'm ok now though ).
    But I reckon we won't be hearing anything more out of their mouths on this motive issue for a lot of months or even years. The rest will all be speculation. And probably stay that way.
    I'm cool with that.

I guess the speculations and rumours in the media will also go on, for some time to come, but at least now, with their joint statement, they, I believe will have taken some of the worst bite out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Monst83
    Alex wanted to have kids and Ellen doesn't (maybe she feels she's too 'old', which is redicolous)
    Feeling too old to have kids at 46 is not ridiculous. Not everyone that age will feel the same way, but it certainly is not ridiculous. There's a whole lot of stuff to consider see.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by lush
    It takes 2 to break up a relationship, and breakups are never easy, specially between two women, in my opinion. Maybe they overestimated the strength of their relationship. I read somewhere that they have both been very busy with their careers lately to the point of their relationship being put in the back burner, so to speak. Been there...

You'd have to almost heartless not to feel the pain of breaking up, even for the person ending it. I don't think Ellen is heartless. I think they both did whatever they could to save the relationship, but could not find a common ground anymore. From what we've all read, the relationship has been strained before the breakup, so maybe the last straw was Ellen's misadventures with Portia, if true.

If I had to guess what happened (not that it matters at this point):

Ellen got drunk that night so she had a little too much fun with Portia. Then, she went home to Alex and told her all about it. Alex got angry of course, but seeing that Ellen was sincere when she said it did not mean anything, plus the extra credit for telling the truth, Alex decided to try to let it go. In the end, the broken trust proved to be too much to handle.

Whatever the case maybe, I wish them both well. I am certain their pain shall pass, my hope for them is that it does sooner than later.
    What night do you mean by "that night" were there rumors about her partying with Portia while still with Alex?
    Hi, i'm new over here, and very glad to discover this site and forum. I"d love to make friends and exchange views with other Ellen's fans. May you all have a great day, and hope to talk with you soon!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast