Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally, the official statement Ellen and Alex break silence

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Finally, the official statement Ellen and Alex break silence

In The Advocate today:
    DeGeneres and Hedison issue statement on their split

Ellen DeGeneres has broken her silence about her split with Alexandra Hedison, her partner of almost four years, by issuing a statement exclusively to Advocate.com. Concerned that her year-end cover story with The Advocate, illustrated with photographs by Hedison, will be hitting newsstands after news of their break-up, DeGeneres said she regrets that readers will be confused by the timing of this intimate portrait of a relationship that has suddenly ended.
    Hedison is also quoted in the statement, which was provided to The Advocate by DeGeneres's representatives. The comments are in response to the magazine's having asked whether the women's relationship may have been in trouble during the production of the cover story. Both DeGeneres and Hedison said that the timing of the magazine's publication was unfortunate but that the split was unforeseen.
    "The one thing I regret about this cover story is that it will be confusing for people to read and not understand what is going on," DeGeneres said. "My life was documented by Alex for The Advocate. That was the first time we had done anything like this. Who knew that the publication and timing of it would prove to be bittersweet?"
    Hedison added, "I would never have done this story if I had thought we would not be together today."
    DeGeneres reaffirmed her love for Hedison, expressed in The Advocate's interview, which was conducted November 14. "When I said 'I love Alex, and I'm happier than I've ever been,' all those things were true, and I still love her and care tremendously for her," DeGeneres said. "We are working together on the ending of our relationship on that level and intend to keep it private. And it's important to add that we have every intention of being in each other's lives."
    Hedison expressed her love for DeGeneres as well. "Even though this is a difficult time, I love her and will always want what's best for her," she said.
    The two women remain mutually supportive, DeGeneres said. "Life is full of surprises, and no one knows what tomorrow brings. This is not easy, but we are really working on handling this in a healthy, private way. And it should go without saying that we continue to respect and honor one another. We both supported and helped each other through some very hard times, and that support is still there."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

the statements made by them make me think that alex did break up with ellen... what do ya'll think?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I think it says the breakup itself happened very suddently and that they don't want to talk about it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i think it was maybe mutial decision but i still think a 4 year relationship doesn't end overnight...i mean they acknowledge that. BUT...it kind of sounds like perhaps there was some friction in the relationship during and prior to the Advocate shoot. I think the added stress of trying to put on a good face probably ended up hurting things significantly. Regardless...it's a little shady to begin a new relationship like a month or two after your 4 year long relationship ends. Perhaps if Alex was the dumper and Ellen was the dumpee Ellen is just seeking support and stuff. If Ellen is the dumper...then she is like a 46 year old man. Dumping her girlfriend for a blonde bombshell 14 years younger than her. I hope it's the first. Either way...Ellen has def. been a little bit of a bummer on her show. I wish them both the best.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

ok. now i can rest a little easier knowing that they both gave out some facts. not a lot, but enough for us to know that we're not in the dark here and that we're not just guessing as to what really happened.

as the days wear on, i think more and more that the whole ellen/portia thing never happened. i think they were just hanging out as friends and it got blown out of proportion.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I DONT BELIEVE CONFUSED IS THE RIGHT WORD.WAY BACK WHEN THE SITCOM OF ELLEN CAME ON TV,BACK BEFORE I KNEW WHAT GAY/LESBIAN OR HOMOSEXUAL WAS.BACK WHEN I WAS INNOCENT I GUESS.I STILL WOULD BE IF IT WERENT FOR ELLEN.THROUGH HE I DISCOVERED A DIFFERENT WORLD.ONE FULL OF HATE,VIOLENCE,DEATH AND SO MUCH MORE.WHEN SHE CAME OUT,SHE MADE IT SEEM LIKE THE WORLD ACCEPTED HER WITH OPEN ARMS.I WAS ACCEPTED WITH CLOSED FISTS.FOR SOME REASON I THOUGHT THERE WAS SOME TRUTH ON TV.I WAS WRONG AND I PAIN A HIGH PRICE FOR THAT,MY LIFE,MY CHILD AND ALL THE PRECIOUS THINGS I WILL NEVER HAVE BECAUSE I BELIEVED IN ONE PERSON.I BLAMED ELLEN FOR AWHILE.THEN I FOUND OUT WHAT SHE WENT THROUGH.HOW SHE ALMOST LOST HER CAREER.I FORGAVE.MY MISTAKE.BELIEVE ME THAT WONT HAPPEN AGAIN.I HEARD SHE LEFT ALEXANDRA FOR A YOUNGER GAL.YOU DONT LOVE SOME ONE AND THEN TOSS THEM AWAY LIKE TRASH WHEN SOMEBODY YOUNGER COMES ALONG.YOU CANT STOP LOVE.I DONT KNOW WHAT ELLEN IS TRYING TO PROVE,BUT I THINK IT IS DOWN RIGHT CRUEL.I JOINED THIS CLUB JUST TO VOICE MY OPINION.THE FAMOUS THINK THEY CAN DO WHAT THEY DAMN WELL PLEASE.ELLEN DOESNT CARE WHO SHE HURTS.THE WAY SHE WAS CARRYING ON WITH CILIN FERRELL WHEN HE WAS ON HER SHOW.I DOUBT SHE EVEN KNOWS SHE IS A LESBIAN.SHE LOST HERSELF TWO FANS.MY LOVER AND I WONT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ELLEN.I SHOULD HAVE STAYED WITH MY FIRST IMPRESSION OF ELLEN.I WILL REMAIN IN THIS CLUB LONG ENOUGH FOR REPLYS,THEN I AM OUT OF HERE.DONT BE DISAPPOINTED IF YOU DONT GET AN ANSWER.OH AND BY THE WAY,I HAVE THE RIGHT TO MY OPINION.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

okay, you are right to have your opinion but remember that we are all just saying our opinions...these are not facts and we will probably never know what really happened so be careful to judge because for all we know Alex cheated on Ellen. I mean...that is just an example. We are all just guessing here. No need to be angry...i think it might be better to be sincere and sympathetic rather than apathetic. Imagine if this was your life.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous58
    okay, you are right to have your opinion but remember that we are all just saying our opinions...these are not facts and we will probably never know what really happened so be careful to judge because for all we know Alex cheated on Ellen. I mean...that is just an example. We are all just guessing here. No need to be angry...i think it might be better to be sincere and sympathetic rather than apathetic. Imagine if this was your life.
    can i get an AMEN?!?! :lol:

My sister and I were discussing this, and we both think the relationship ended because Alex wanted to have kids and Ellen doesn't (maybe she feels she's too 'old', which is redicolous). I remember the Dateline interview, and Stone Phillps asked Ellen if her and her "partner" wanted kids, she said the older she got, the more she didn't but that would be something her and Alex would have to discuss.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

This report confirms what I've felt all along...that Alex left Ellen...and it probably has something to do with their difference in opinion over kids. Actually, I think it may be mutual and equally heart wrenching for both...but it may be the only thing to do if ,as Ellen said in the dateline interview, they both 'don't take it lightly'. Anyways, whatever the reason, I hope they find love and companionship and better yet...find each other again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast