Thread: coming out

Default coming out

I've been struggling for awhile as most do in this process.. But being alot younger than many of you, i can't help but think it may be a phase?? it scares me to think of my parents rections as it could be like when they found out i was a cutter a year ago.. My mom thouht it was a phase, but my dad wanted to instotutionalize me.
    my parents are very homophobic.. I've been with a few grls, too many guys. ive never felt anything with a guy, but w/ a girl i feel like im on top of the world. I've had one that gave me buterflies from the tip of my fingers down to my toes everytime i saw her. I believe your born this way which really makes me doubt its a phase.. i tihnk i blame it on a phase as a sort of denial.. i don't know....

Ellen-Fan
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i dont know what to tell you really... but, i mean, i dont know you, i have no idea of your feelings and everything, but the way you describe your feeling with women is good cauz at least you make the diffrence with male and women.... and i love the way you said you are born with it cauz i think too. You could say to your parents "I love you, and i love you enough to tell you how i really am, to share my secret with you, to beleive in you enough to say this"... but, i dont know your parents personnality and the way they think..

all i want to say is that i beleive in you and i would love to help you with advices but i dont know how. Im young too im 16 so i wanna help...

Default thanx

thanx.. i know its hard to give advice when you dont even know the whole sorry, but thanxs for caring! I'd really like to talk to you.. pm me sometime? i'm really intrested in meeting new people so anyone who wants a new friend, im here!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I am in the same boat you are in. I can understand where you are coming from. I am unable to come out to my family -heck I am even unable to come out to some of my closest friends. Someone offered me some advice once I think it is a good way to show your parents it is not of phase that this is you. This person told me, a good time to come out to your parents is when you are in a relationship with someone. This allows them to see that it really isnt a phase and you care about someone. If they can physically see that you are happy and content being in a relationship with someone of the same sex it may be easier to accept and understand. Afterall, your parents want to see you happy and if they see that you are happy with your partner, dont expect it to be an imediate thing, but they may be more accepting this way.
    "It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. " -Andre Gide

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I'm the same way. At times i just keep telling myself it's just a phase but in my heart it's not. It's hard to explain. I mean i like guys..I've had boyfriends and stuff but it's not the same. I feel i'm more connected with a woman. Although i've never had a girlfriend but would like to have one.
    And my mom well we won't go there. She's very religious and doesn't even like to talk about gay people. And when i watch ellen sometimes, she tells me that she feels guilty watching it because ellen's gay.
    And of course i watch it anyway...lol
    Well, i'm through babbling on.
    I hope you can find some comfort in this letter that probaly didn't make any since..lol :wink:

Ellen-Fan
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I tend to disagree with everyone else. I'm in the closet and happy there.

That way I'm not everyones lesbian friend, workmate, family member. I'm their friend, workmate, or family member first and foremost.

And also right now I have no partner either, so its easy flying under the radar.

Ellen-Fan
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

A warning to everyone here, lifeline15 added me to their MSN list and I had a VERY brief chat. Lifeline15 is only 13 years old.

Ellen-Fan
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

bladesedge

i dont think it was right to tell her age, i mean.. it's not your buissness so you never know.. and beside, whats wrong with a 13 year old? if she needs advice she will get some !

I talk to her and she is a wonderful person !.. what's your problem for blabbing?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bladesedge
    A warning to everyone here, lifeline15 added me to their MSN list and I had a VERY brief chat. Lifeline15 is only 13 years old.
    yeah, whats wrong with that? im 15, and having some issues with my sexuality. i figured this would be a good place to get advice, whats wrong with that?
    I could never hide this little light of mine
    If God made a mistake then I should die before I wake
    Maybe it's my fate to swim against this tide
    Swallowing my pride

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bladesedge
    I tend to disagree with everyone else. I'm in the closet and happy there.

That way I'm not everyones lesbian friend, workmate, family member. I'm their friend, workmate, or family member first and foremost.

And also right now I have no partner either, so its easy flying under the radar.
    Ditto here....'in' and happy.....though if I find someone to be with I would consider coming out to declare my love...but for now, there's no one in my life ,so why bother?