Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confused

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Confused

Okay... I've been struggling with my feelings.... and I've just made myself more confused that ever. I'm a christian person-- i attend church when I'm not working... I'm spiritual... and i enjoy religion. HOWEVER when i realized that i'm attracted to women i looked up homosexuality in the bible... it is refered to as the worst form of sin... and perversion. oookay--so my best friend who knows something is bothering me... who wants to help is in-fact my preachers daughter... NOT really a good person to talk to. I'm confused b/c I kno I'm NOT a pervert... and as for sins--ummm we are all born sinners, so I'm confused to why homosexuality is one of the worst forms of sin. OH--and even worse i feel traped... like i can't talk to ANYONE... Someone Help!

Ellen-Fan
    In the words of Robin Williams: "the whitest f***ing state in the union"...It's true.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Okay, I know exactly how you feel. When I first felt attracted to women, I thought I needed to put these feelings away. You need to first remember that you are who you are and no matter what, you can't change that. God made you the way he made you. Homosexuality probably isn't the way God intended for things to be, but being who you are does not make you a sinner. Best of luck to you. We're all here to talk whenever you need it.
    "No day but today"-Jonathon Larson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

A while back I think there was a post with a link to a web site that interpreted the bible in a pro-homosexual way. I can't find that post now. So if anyone remembers can they post it, because it was a good article and I would like to read it again.
    There is a lot of information out on the internet that might help you. Give it a try and do a little research. Religion is a big topic. I started going to a church where the pastor himself is gay. It helped me come to terms and realize I can be religious and gay too.
    It would proabably not be the best bet to talk to your best friend about it right away. Do a little research on your own and maybe test the waters with her. It is okay to be confused and you are NOT a pervert! If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to PM me. I wish you the best of luck!
    "It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. " -Andre Gide

Ellen-Fan
    Zeist, in a far away country called....Holland..
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I can't remember the adress anymore, but I would say, just go to Google and search around the web on 'homosexuality and Bible' and you must find something.
    "Never let go what you believe in. Do never let people make you think you're something you're not

"Be Strong, Speak True, and Spread the Peace"-MLE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

ahh..yes i've been there,when i was still in high school,i never really have interests on boys but coz it's the normal thing to do when you're studying in a catholic school run by nuns and priests, shall i say that's the "norm",so i've dated and had boyfriends but i was dreadfully bored of every relationship i had with them.And then, when i met a girl which eventually became my bestfriend i thought this is "me" and it's nice coz we really became close and i fell for her deeply though she doesn't even have a clue of what i felt,i know that she sometimes notice the special treatment i always show her.And from there i realized what i really want,what will really make me happy.Just being with her i felt the connection, i felt the deep emotion that is lacking with my relationships with guys.I also thought of being a lesbian is a sin,that's what my teachers taught me in school but eventually thoght that if God is a loving and forgiving God,He will forgive me and understand my feelings, just want to tell you this and perhaps enlighten you a bit. Just search deep within your heart and you will know,no one can tell you who you are or what can make you happy you'll just know and feel it by yourself. :wink:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I am also a christian, very religious, although I do not attend church as often as I should ops:. and one thing I can't stand my fellow "christians" doing is taking passages from the bible (which is very out dated) and twisting it around. The passage that says "homosexuality is a sin" goes on to say that it's a sing to eat shell fish. One could take this passage and think that the monk who put it in was allergic to shell fish and was angered when his gay lover left him for someone younger.

People allow their ignorance to determine how they feel. For example this past election, this country basically said; "hey, it's ok if someone can marry their first cousin (the south), but god forbid it if two men/women want to marry. If it's your church that's making you feel uneasy, there's the United Church of Christ (I think) that doesn't judge people, I'm considering to going to that because I was raised Orthodox, though we're not as closed minded as Catholics.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I posted that link about the homosexuality and the bible.
    Here it is again:
    http://www.soulforce.org/whatthebiblesays.pdf

I'm christian myself. I remember when I realised I was gay I went through a stage where I felt God hated me. I thought 'why do you hate me for this? I'm really not choosing to be this way - I just am.' I did alot of research on homosexuality and the bible. I don't know if I would nessecerally recommend anyone doing it though. I would definetly say if your going to, be careful what you look at. When I did the research I was in a very low desperate place and reading things telling me I'm evil, I'm going to burn in hell for all eternity, and I need to be cured only made accepting myself 10 times harder. I almost joined an ex-gay group, they had me convinced I'd go to hell for this. To anyone considering joining an ex-gay group - It dosen't fucking work. They prey on people who are struggling with there sexuality who hate themself for who they are. Telling them they are letting God down. They make you belive you really can change. Hearing storys of people who have been 'cured'. You really belive you can do it. So you try SO hard to make these feelings go away and when there still there you feel like a failure. They make you feel like it's your fault. The result - only intensifiying the guilt and shame.

Boogie on down with the creme egg!

Ellen-Fan
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I'm not a very religious person. I do believe in a God, but I don't go to church and I dont read the bible. I did go to a christian primary school, though. I don't know that many things from the bible, but I read something about a passage which people could interpret on different ways. It's about a man raping an other man. He's punished for that, but not, as people tend to think, because he was homosexual but because of the crime.

I was just wondering something. I don't want to offence someone, I was just wondering this. I believe people are born gay or straight. I don't believe people can change this. Of course they can choose to not have a relationship with someone from the same sex, but then you just deny the feelings which ARE there. So if you are born with your sexuality, you must've been created with it. God created you and me, so God must have created us gay or straight then. How can that be wrong then? People tend to say that He made a mistake then, but how can someone who created the Earth and the Sun and the moon and the stars and nature and all make a mistake. Such a big power, how can He make a mistake? Again, I don't want to offence someone so if I did, I'm really sorry.
    "Never let go what you believe in. Do never let people make you think you're something you're not

Ellen-Fan
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kayleigh
    I posted that link about the homosexuality and the bible.
    Here it is again:
    http://www.soulforce.org/whatthebiblesays.pdf
    thanx for posting this Kayleigh! I found it very interesting!

A lot things mentioned in the Bible as wrong, we don't consider wrong anymore. For example that when a couple doesn't get kids and the husband dies, the woman MUST have sex with his brother to produce offspring. We know think this is ridiculous and we don't do this anymore. So why do we desperately hang onto the Bible IF this would say anything negative about homosexuality??
    A lot of people who are against it quickly say 'But the Bible says so!' but these people fully misunderstood it. And if they think it's wrong, at least give a proper explanation why they think it's wrong and not quickly say 'because the Bible says so'. I think that's too easy, but again, that's just my humble opinion.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Ms. Spud,

We all have to understand that times change and so do people as they evolve. And let's face it, the bible has been translated many times and I'm sure each of those translators added their own flavor.

Here is an example of how the the bible cannot be followed word for word. Times have changed. This has been around for a while. It was written in response to Dr. Laura who is a mother of a homophobe....

Dear Dr. Laura,
    Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's law. I have learned a great deal from you, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. How should I deal with this?

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as it suggests in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

Lev. 25:44 states that I may buy slaves from the nations that are around us. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans but not Canadians. Can you clarify?

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Lev. 10:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

Lev. 20:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast