Thread: Completely Offtopic - Earthquakes

Ellen-Fan

Default Completely Offtopic - Earthquakes

Was just woken up by a goody. 7.2, started off not too bad then it changed its motion & everything started rocking.

I hate getting woken up by them - and on Xmas Eve too!

Hope we don't get an aftershock on Xmas Day.

Ellen-Fan

Wow - talk about your rude awakenings! How often do you get those there?

I was surprised that we had one, albeit minor, a few months back. I never gave thought to the fact that we could be on a faultline, but if I'd paid attention to all of the hills in the area (some rather high), I would've known.

Ellen-Fan

We had one at the end of August last year, that dislodged our fault line. Prior to that we only had very minor ones, maybe one a year that was actually felt, and it was very small.

The one in Aug was a 7.2, with an aftershock at 6.1 and another one after that. Since then I have developed a phobia.

Anyway, we get ones that can be felt every few months now. Last one was about a month ago. This one however was on another fault line that apparently is connected to the main faultline in NZ.

I really hate earthquakes at night. I'm good with them through the day,

My brother and his boyfriend are in Invercargill for New Year. I hope none of the beer lines has broken...

Seriously, hope you are well blade, and have a safe and happy Xmas and New Year
    If you can't be a shining example, be a horrible warning...