Thread: What's up with this??????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default What's up with this??????

I read today, that Ellen and Portia are planning to have a baby, and that they have moved in together. :cry:
    And that Ellen says she is glad that things have moved fast with her new lover..(nasty) Rossi :x Can all this be true?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Ok you know what!? Sorry to get a little anal here, (pardon the expression), but I've laid back while all this gossip has been going on, I haven't really put in much of an opinion because quite frankly, I hadn't formed one yet. This is directed to no-one inparticular by the way, it's just my opinion. Now it's really starting to bother me, so I'm taking my turn to voice myself, and you can agree with me or not but truthfully, I dont care. Ellen and Alex have broken-up. They made an official statement. It's as simple as that, they are broken-up. I know people are interested, but who cares why they broke up the main fact is that they did. Now, Rumors of Ellen and Portia being in a relationship. Again, SO WHAT!? I know people are interested and it's our ego that contributes to the interest, however can we not just accept the fact that whatever is going on in Ellen's life, is her business?! It's Ellens life. Ellen's world. But when a little bit of commotion comes into it, the world has to know every damn detail. And the only reason we do...is because shes' "famous". Shes as celebrity. Shes a role model, her face is in the media. If it weren't for any of that, if she was just an ordinary person walking around on the street, you wouldn't give a shit if she had just broken-up with her girlfriend of 4 years and POSSIBLY entered a relationship with a new person. Honestly, you wouldn't care. Why? Because it's not your problem. HOWEVER, because she IS famous, and is a celebrity and a role model, we do care. It's still not our problem, but we take it upon ourselves to look into it, and poke around and read up on imformation about it, when we all know damn well that anything written in the magazines or on the interenet isn't true unless there is a direct quote issued by the person themselves. Whenever they say they heard it from a "source" ...it's pretty much bullshit. I'm sorry for ranting, I'm sorry for the language, I know we are all entitled to our own opinons and I respect that. But this is how I feel. I think that we should seriously just forget about it, as hard as that may be, I think we should all just move on from it, forget about it, create some new topics in this forum...and breathe. *exhales* Wow. I am finished. :wink:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

First of all, I didn't say that it was true. I was just adding my opinon just like everyone else on this site.
    No, we shouldn't care what is going on in Ellen's life, but for some reason we all do! Maybe, bc she is mostly everyone on this site's idol.
    We all love Ellen, an frankly when we see something in a Magazine or on the internet that talks about her and her relationships or anything about Ellen, we here have the right to talk about it....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Im sorry if I offended you Ellenfreak, but I wasnt directing my post on anyone imparticular. I was just voicing my opinion, like you just so beautifully said we all have to right to, which I agree with. I said it in my post.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Well I agree with you on alot of things that you mention in your post...And sorry that I took that as if it was directed to me..
    I just get alittle offensive when ppl want to go against my opinon...After all it's just an opinon. Who's it hurting? Everyone is intitled to an opinon no matter the subject! thanks..* :wink: ellenfreak*[/quote]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hey EllenFreak,

First of all: welcome.

Uhmm, i think gubblebumm was also sighing to this extend because this here is the so maniest new thread about virtually the same thing all over again. And again. And again. etc.
    People here have written extensively about the matter. So, I advise you to search through and read the other threads about the topic (one of the threads does have an Pagesix article that deals with your question). In the end you hopefully too will come to the conclusion that - apart from the official statement - nobody here knows anything for real. And, hopefully you'll also come to the conclusion that the tabloids are running besirk with the topic. A lot of trash has been written already.
    And you know what? They can only do that because people are interested in reading that stuff.
    It's like a vicious cycle. We don't want trash to be written about our idols, but at the same time we encourage it by being interested in it.

Ellen-Fan
    In the words of Robin Williams: "the whitest f***ing state in the union"...It's true.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Um, i read this very story in, of course, the National Enquirer. :roll: So, i think that it discredits itself. If Ellen didn't have a baby with Alex in all those years, I don't think she would with Portia. If they're even going out, that is. But, you never know.
    "No day but today"-Jonathon Larson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

personally, the first time I read of their break up it was from an "enquiorer" type source and didn't want to believe it.. I had to search all over the internet for a reliable source and stopped when I read of the break up in People. and that was less than a week ago.. i've been a little slow on the uptake..