Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watching the Ellen sitcom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Watching the Ellen sitcom

On the Oxygen channel they are showing all the ellen shows after the puppy episode. I am having the best time of my life watching them. She plays a gay person in love with Laurie. All the shows are super funny and Ellen is absolutely adorable. It seems the shows are even better written than the ones before the puppy episode. Ellen takes on a different persona from the supposedly straight person she use to be. The role fits her like a glove. She’s playful, cute, silly, funny, and so loveable. It is rare but wonderful when a woman lets her little kid out like Ellen did in her sitcom. That show is a classic and will become even more important as time goes on because it’s ahead of its time. I am recording and saving every episode so I can watch them over and over again. This is the best lesbian comedy so far and it was made 10 years ago. Ellen went out on a limb with that show. The limb broke but didn’t fall. It repaired itself and grew even bigger. I compare Ellen to Lucille Ball and Carol Burnett who were straight. There is no one else like Ellen.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Aww..I dont get Oxygen

Ellen-Fan
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

your message made me cry! honestly... i am 16 and ellen has always been a role model to me though i never saw any of those "ellen" episode...(i've only read the script of the puppy episode)....

i have to say i loved the way you talked about it, it sounds a hundred times more great now... and i know all of you dont care about me because you dont know me but your message made me smile so much and you kinda made me abit happier (yeah i know im weird)... if i can say.. so thx!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yea, i dont get oxy too. but i did get to see some episodes when i was on break visiting relatives because they had oxy. and it was so funny and great...2 back to back episodes...yeah!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I watch Ellen on OXYGEN every chance I get and I can't agree with you more. Those shows are great and so very well written. I fell off the sofa today watching the episode where she ends up at a wake dressed as a chicken-- and my teenage daughter and her friends were laughing with me (and getting them to laugh takes talent!)
    It is also so wonderful to watch 2 women in love and showing it on TV. And you are right, Ellen is so much more at ease in the shows after she came out. It was hard watching her try to date guys and pretend she was something she wasn't. In the last episodes you can tell she is confident and happy... and so am I watching her!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I totally agree with you! I watch them on oxygen when I can too, but they do go on late! I love this sitcom! The Puppy epsisode made me cry. But I do admitt, I bought the first seaon on DVD and even though she seems totally uncomfortable with guys, those episodes are funnier than the ones after she came out. But either way Ellen remains beautiful, strong, and totally hilarious!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I don't get the Oxygen station either, but I was fortunate enough to have someone give me tapes of 20 episodes before the puppy episode. I don't know which season or anything, but they were very well written and funny even today, years later after the original airings. It seems almost timeless--probably because it was ahead of it's time.

I'm going to have to wait for everyting to come out on DVD I'm afraid. But it is fun listening to the different opinions regarding whether Ellen was more at ease before or after the coming out episode. It seems to be a mixture of opinions...
    Diehard Ellen fan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I LOVE LOVE her show. It's so freaking funny!! I about died today when she was dressed as a chicken and her neighbors thought she was weird. OMG..so funny!
    And i agree also, Ellen was much more herself in the last eps when she came out. I wished the show wasn't cancelled cause it was really a great show. But i know if it wasn't cancelled, then the Ellen talkshow probaly wouldn't be on. So i guess something good came out of it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I watch the sitcom everyday, at 11a.m. and at 10p.m. I am always finding myself holding my breath and watching her movements and her smile, oh, that in itself makes my day. She is such a homely person, I never feel like I'm just watching her, I can see myself in her shoes. She is such an inspiration to all women, straight or not. One day, I will meet her, it's always been a dream of mine and here recently I've turned it into a life goal. I desire to become an actress and am extremely serious in the ways I go about it. Therefore when I make it big (crossing fingers) I will request her company and thank her for her inspiration. Maybe I am being obsessive, but when I set goals for myself, I have always accomplished them.

Sarah

Ellen-Fan
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

We stopped our cable access about a year ago ( never seemed to have the time to see all of the channels offered & of those we did, it didn't justify the nearly $50.00 per month payment), but we now really miss it. Between the shows that our children, my husband & I would like to catch during our available hours, it is seemlingly worth the renewed expense. I can't wait to have it re-established!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast