View Poll Results: Are you going to vote on November 2?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definately I'm going to vote

3 37.50%
  • I'm definately NOT going to vote

0 0%
  • I'm not sure whether I'll vote or not

0 0%
  • I can not vote as I'm underaged/not American

5 62.50%

Thread: VOTE!!!

Ellen-Fan
    Zeist, in a far away country called....Holland..
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default VOTE!!!

I got this through email. There's not much I can do as I'm (a) underaged and (b) not an American citizen, so I wanted to ask you lot, who can vote, to please do so as it's so important you do so!!

Very Simple. Tell Ten Friends to Pledge to Vote.
    www.hrc.org/pledgetovote

Dear Laura,

This is it. You've signed many petitions, but now it's time to
    sign one of the most important pledges of your life: the pledge
    to vote Nov. 2.

There's no doubt that the President shapes policy for Americans
    - including gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender Americans.
    You've spoken out for equality before, and you know that there
    is a vast difference between the candidates on issues of
    fairness.

If you haven't taken the pledge yet, pledge TODAY.
    www.hrc.org/pledgetovote

If you know friends and family who aren't sure if they'll vote,
    NOW is the time to talk to them.

Tell them how important it is they vote. Remind them that the
    President could appoint as many as four Supreme Court justices -
    who will decide the future of LGBT equality for decades to come.

Equality depends on your vote, your friend's vote, your family's
    vote.

Just send them this message, and say "I want you to do one thing
    for me today. Make a pledge to vote on Nov. 2."

http://www.hrc.org/pledgetovote

All it takes is 15 seconds, but it could help thousands of lives
    in ways you'll never know.

Sincerely,
    The staff and boards at the Human Rights Campaign
    --------------------------------------------------

Visit the web address below to tell your friends about this.

http://www.hrcactioncenter.org/join-...r=CdaZC711qQY3

If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for
    Million For Marriage at:

http://www.hrcactioncenter.org/milli...=CdaZC711qQY3E

--------------------------------------------------
    "Never let go what you believe in. Do never let people make you think you're something you're not

"Be Strong, Speak True, and Spread the Peace"-MLE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Laura,
    Thatīs a great thing to bring to our forum the Pledge to vote!
    I am like you, not an American citizen, but I am as interested as you seem to be in this election. Many of the decisions made by American presidents affects the worldīs economy and policies.
    After all the debates and several publications and discussions, it is clear what each candidates positions are.
    The outcome of the election is unpredictable at this point.
    But I would like to reinforce your initiative to ask our American friends to go out and vote.
    Vote consciously and cautiously since many many solutions for several futures issues will be at stake on November 2nd.

Ellen-Fan
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bocabana
    Laura,
    Thatīs a great thing to bring to our forum the Pledge to vote!
    I am like you, not an American citizen, but I am as interested as you seem to be in this election. Many of the decisions made by American presidents affects the worldīs economy and policies.
    After all the debates and several publications and discussions, it is clear what each candidates positions are.
    The outcome of the election is unpredictable at this point.
    But I would like to reinforce your initiative to ask our American friends to go out and vote.
    Vote consciously and cautiously since many many solutions for several futures issues will be at stake on November 2nd.
    Well, I have always been interested in politics, (at one point I even seriously considered to study politics after school) but I'm even more interested in American politics, as we are all being influenced by the USA and its political power. A lot of people here in Europe don't agree with Bush's (conduct?management? what's the correct word??) and as I can not vote, they least thing I can do is to make sure the people who can vote, will also do so! So I ask you Americans again, PLEASE VOTE FOR A CHANGE(very original, I know..:P) ON NOVEMBER, 2!!!!!!!
    "Never let go what you believe in. Do never let people make you think you're something you're not

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I'm planning on voting early, this week sometime. Want to get my vote in for Kerry as soon as possible, maybe it will make a difference if the early votes are counted and are reported. I don't know, it's worth a shot, alot of us are doing that. I was listening to NPR yesterday and KD Lang was on, she said that if us Americans for Kerry were disappointed in the results of the election we were welcome to come to Canada. I hate to get my hopes up, but I am hoping for a Kerry win!!

Ellen-Fan
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I hope a lot KErry will win, as well. I saw on the news, that, when they kept a poll, Bush and Kerry ended up very close to each other, but Bush had just a couple more votes than Kerry...damn..
    I really really hope Kerry will win, but I do think there's a big chance Bush will win. The most people that vote, are the upper class and middle class. Obviously, the rich peeps will vote for Bush. A big part of US citizens, that are poor and all, won't vote, so Bush will still get a big amount of votes from all those rich folks..Anyway, I just hope so much that Kerry will win!!! I also want to ask all American state citizens that don't live in the USA to vote as well, as their vote is very important too. And if that friggin' Bush does win, y'all can come to Holland. The government sucks as well, but at least gay marriage is legal here!!!!

Okay, I may sound like some crazy teenager talking wisely..(:P) but I really mean this all, cos we are the future and the decisions made now will also influence future events and just because I'm young, doesn't mean I don't know nothing about politics and that I don't ginve a damn...(nothing personal this, and nobody said anything like the things I mentioned above to me, but I just wanted to make clear why I consider this important as well)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I think it's great that young people are interested in politics and what's going on in the world. There doesn't seem to be too much of that, at least in the US. Keep caring!!

Ellen-Fan
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

well, i'm one of the few young people caring about politics here, so that's quite the same here as in the US. The main thing the youth is doing here is making a mess and harassing other people. We really have a problem here. Really, people moved to an other place, cos there were so many young people hanging around in their neighborhood creating a mess. This happens a lot and it's a shame. Because of this, a lot people think every young person is like this, so it does happen to me that when I enter a shop, people are looking at me like 'will she do anything, will she steal, will she create a mess' and more of that crap. I guess the US is having that sort of problems as well, or am I wrong on this?