Thread: hey all

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default hey all

Hello,

how is everyone. Oh my god I just got in a huge fight with my "mother" or the one who unfortunatly gave me life, about Ellen. I wanted to watch one of the re-run show of "ellen" and made me change it. I told here that the only reason she wouldn't let me watch it is because Ellen was Gay. Then, our argument escalated from that.arg.....i wonder what my mom would say if she actually got to meet Ellen face to face? Um.......

damn.... :?: :P :twisted:

Ellen-Fan
    In the words of Robin Williams: "the whitest f***ing state in the union"...It's true.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Don't feel too bad. I bet if I came out to my parents, they would definately bring up Ellen, who has nothing to do with it.

I know how you feel, though. I have friends who stopped watching TEDS when they found out she is gay. Stupid, huh? Good thing there's open minded people like us in this world. :wink:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default yeah

yeah i know. man... i think people just need to swallow their pride or what ever keeps them from accepting others of a different sexuality. Arg...it makes me so mad.

::breathe jackie.....remember goosefraba:: LOL

But yeah, i wish i could talk to ellen and just i dunno, be able to get help.

I dunno, things are really messed up....

Ellen is such a great person ( beyond her sexuality...way beyond) and i have a real hard time understanding why people "hate her"!!!! She is even in a couple of college text books, i mean she is a role model to be looked at and admired, because she is so amazing in so many aspects....

why can't others see it the way we all do????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: yeah

Quote Originally Posted by shadowed_angel
    there is no easy answer.. I reckon each individual homophobe has their own reasons for thinking and acting the way they do and its just unfortunate that they gain strength by packing together. I wish there was a chemical weapon that released tolerance modifiers into the air or like, an aerial spraying division who sprayed it over everywhere in the wee small hours. or some sort of conspiracy to put it in the water supply...
    the things that keep us apart, keep me alive..
    the things that keep me alive, keep me alone.... (fink)

Ellen-Fan
    In the words of Robin Williams: "the whitest f***ing state in the union"...It's true.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: yeah

Quote Originally Posted by JetGrrl
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowed_angel
    there is no easy answer.. I reckon each individual homophobe has their own reasons for thinking and acting the way they do and its just unfortunate that they gain strength by packing together. I wish there was a chemical weapon that released tolerance modifiers into the air or like, an aerial spraying division who sprayed it over everywhere in the wee small hours. or some sort of conspiracy to put it in the water supply...
    :lol: Yeah, If only. It's funny, in club at my school, YEAH (youth education about homophobia) we joke about people not coming to the club because they're afraid being gay is contagious. We actually had to change the name to youth education against hate, so parents wouldn't have as much of a problem with it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I've gotten into my share of arguements with people who don't watch Ellen because she is gay. I didn't even know she was gay til I looked on the internet and found out. But still that didn't change my opinion of her. I fell hard for all of her shows and she is my favorite person now. That freaks my parents out but I could care less. I've come to find there are way too many narrow- minded people in this world.
    Ellen is doing her own thing and living HER life. We should, as supportive fans, SUPPORT her.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I can sympathize and understand where all of you are coming from. Someone says something negative to me almost everyday to me about being an Ellen fan. (it also probably doesn’t help that I go to an extremely conservative university) I have a collage of pictures of Ellen hanging up on my wall along with the Here and Now Poster. You can see it from the hallway if my door is open. Some of my own friends started rumors of me being gay (which I am but not out about it) just because they saw the pics of Ellen. Then this girl that I don’t ever talk to came up to me one day out of the blue and said exactly word for word, “I see you like Ellen, so you must be gay then, right?”
    I give Ellen so much credit for being herself. Even though there are still the people that think if you like Ellen you must be gay, but look at how many people are straight at watch her religiously! For my friends who once said they wouldn’t watch her because she is gay, I made them watch her and now they watch TEDS more than I do!
    "It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. " -Andre Gide

Ellen-Fan
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I know how that is exactly. I did a performance in drama from one of Ellen's books (which killed, by the way) and afterwards this guy came up to me and asked if i was gay. (like you phranny, i am, but not out yet) Then this girl who i thought seemed cool freaked out when i brought up Ellen. She said "Ellen? But she's a lesbian!" As if she thought it was the worst thing ever. It was pretty sad.