Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phone call to god

Ellen-Fan
    In the words of Robin Williams: "the whitest f***ing state in the union"...It's true.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Phone call to god

Does anyone know where you can read or see ellen's 'phone call to god' bit? I've never seen it before, and i really want to. I only know the story of how she came up with it, and that makes me want to here it more. Thanks.

Ellen-Fan
    Zeist, in a far away country called....Holland..
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I have it on my computer as a mp3 file so only the sound, but if you want to I can send it to you..
    "Never let go what you believe in. Do never let people make you think you're something you're not

"Be Strong, Speak True, and Spread the Peace"-MLE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

hi ...
    ... it's on her cd "taste this" and you can listen to it when you go this http://www.geocities.com/webmaster_ea/e_ph2gd.htm link and click the cd cover (it works with real1player).

Ellen-Fan
    In the words of Robin Williams: "the whitest f***ing state in the union"...It's true.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

thank you, thank you, thank you. I haven't bought the CD yet (horrible, I know).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i dont have the cd, too. it isnt available here and stores doesnt order it from the states if you ask :?
    there are a fwe more tracks you can find here > http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/Heights/4333/ . some of them doesnt work on my notebook, but may be on yours

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I think it maybe in one of the books she wrote.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

A few parts of that are in her book, not the whole thing though. Also in her mom's book Love, Ellen. Her mom goes and explains a little more behind "Phone Call to God." Obviously it is about her past gf who died... but her mom tells more to it than Ellen could herself. I suggest you all read it if you haven't. It is so informative and really leaves you with a new outlook on Ellen and her life. Not to mention it helps with any feelings or worries about coming out of the closest. When I just listened to Phone Call... I especially like the part about Fabio... that was classic!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by menu1121
    A few parts of that are in her book, not the whole thing though. Also in her mom's book Love, Ellen. Her mom goes and explains a little more behind "Phone Call to God." Obviously it is about her past gf who died... but her mom tells more to it than Ellen could herself. I suggest you all read it if you haven't. It is so informative and really leaves you with a new outlook on Ellen and her life. Not to mention it helps with any feelings or worries about coming out of the closest. When I just listened to Phone Call... I especially like the part about Fabio... that was classic!
    Her ex-girlfriend died!?!?! OMG there are so many things I don't know about Ellen!! Can anyone tell me what happened? I thought Anne Heche was her first girlfriend ops: ......................
    My Grandmother started walking 5 miles a day when she turned 60.
    She is 97 now and we don't know where the hell she is.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

No Anne was her first public girlfriend. She came out to her mom in 78 I think, not positive of the year but she was 20. Her girlfriend that died was Kat. They were living together when Ellen first moved to CA and they got in a fight and broke up. Ellen and Kat went out to a club and when Kat left Ellen decided to stay a little longer, well on the way home she passed this massive car accident and saw that someone had died. When she got up the next morning she got the news that the person in the accident was Kat. She was killed by a drunk driver. She then made phone call to God about how she didn't understand why there were fleas on Earth but Kat wasn't. It is a really sad story and the thing they really got Ellen down about it was that when asked about Kat she couldn't telll anyone that they were lovers... only friends.
    There is tons of info about this on the E! true hollywood story about Ellen and in The book Love, Ellen. If you want to know more about Ellen I would definitely recomend reading the book by her mom Betty Degeneres.... there is tons of insight. Hope this helped.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

wooooooooow sooooo sad!!! can't believe this... plus had Ellen left when her gf did... man i can't imagine what the world would look like right now! I mean she is such a great icon not only for gays and lesbians, but for people in general, proning acceptance, understanding and rejecting prejudice. Plus she's amazing, beautiful, intelligent and soo hilarious.
    Thank God she was not in that car but still, that's a really sad story.

On the other hand i read a lot of stuff a/b her on the net but never heard about this. And i have a tendency not to believe whatever circulates on the web cauz it's often a whole bunch of crap. But thanks for the tip, i think i'll try to get the book!! You really liked it? What's the style? Like is she telling the story of her daughter from her point of view, Ellen's.. or is she telling her own story as Ellen's mom? does she have a lot of stuff about Ellen in there or is it more "Betty focused" 8) ?

Again, can't get over how heartbreaking this story is..
    My Grandmother started walking 5 miles a day when she turned 60.
    She is 97 now and we don't know where the hell she is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast