Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone who has an ex-gf?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

^^ I hope all works out.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

When you said you hooked up again at Christmas - do you mean dating again or just hanging out? I had a g/f years ago that I was absolutely nuts about. We did the whole on again/off again thing for a couple of years. It seemed that whenever I started to move on, she would suddenly become "interested" again - when I was moping around, she'd be gone. Drove me absolutely bonkers! Anyways - once I clued in to the fact that she liked having me around as a "backup girlfriend" - I stopped playing the game. Again - it took a while, but we ended up being really good friends. As hard as it is to distance yourself from her right now - it is definitely the right thing to do. The whole point of having a friend is being with someone who makes you feel good about yourself. Why waste your energy on someone who hurts you? As for hiding your feelings - trust and honesty are 2 things that I value the most in any relationship. Trust me on this one - while it hurts like hell right now, it does get better!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

When you said you hooked up again at Christmas - do you mean dating again or just hanging out? I had a g/f years ago that I was absolutely nuts about. We did the whole on again/off again thing for a couple of years. It seemed that whenever I started to move on, she would suddenly become "interested" again - when I was moping around, she'd be gone. Drove me absolutely bonkers! Anyways - once I clued in to the fact that she liked having me around as a "backup girlfriend" - I stopped playing the game. Again - it took a while, but we ended up being really good friends. As hard as it is to distance yourself from her right now - it is definitely the right thing to do. The whole point of having a friend is being with someone who makes you feel good about yourself. Why waste your energy on someone who hurts you? As for hiding your feelings - trust and honesty are 2 things that I value the most in any relationship. Trust me on this one - while it hurts like hell right now, it does get better!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thanks upeep. I now know that she is seeing someone. She invited one of my old roomates to a party she was having the other night and of course I had to ask if she had a g/f. My old roommate said she did but she does'nt think she is that into the new girl. After I found out I decided to go out and try not to think about it. I had a good weekend and met some great girls. I figure I will send her a birhtday card (its in early Feb.) and see how that goes. But I know it will still be very hard to talk to her. Just the thought of her being with someone else makes my stomach hurt. But like you said it will take time. Thanks for your thoughts!! They have helped so much!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Anyone who has an ex-gf?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleAngel
    Just thought I would ask you guys a question. Do any of you have an ex girlfriend, partner or whatever you want to call it, that you have tried to be friends with? If so how well did it work?
    honestly it has never worked for me!!!

usually we'd be friends afterwards but end up making out after a few days/weeks. and then after that everything would be ruined because obviously one of us still has feelings, so the friend thing wouldn't be possible. ops:

once this scenario had to repeat itself 5 times before we definitely ended it!! but maybe it's just because i'm so hot... ppl can't get over me!!

Nah, JUST KIDDING!!! :lol: actually i'm always the one who ends up being hurt cauz i fully invest myself when it's too late. not very clever but hey... the fear of being hurt usually doesn't take you very far :?
    My Grandmother started walking 5 miles a day when she turned 60.
    She is 97 now and we don't know where the hell she is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12