Thread: DeGeneres Suddenly Single

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default DeGeneres Suddenly Single

I just found this on MSN

DeGeneres Suddenly Single

Ellen splits with longtime love. Plus, a sudsy new romance for Bruce Willis?

Dec. 13, 2004

It's the end of the line for Ellen DeGeneres and Alexandra Hedison. People reports the low-key couple has called it quits after four years of togetherness.

According to the mag, Hedison moved out of Ellen's Hollywood Hills digs last month.

"It's difficult for both of them and very sad," a source tells the magazine. "They were a private couple and they hope they can separate privately."

But privacy may be a problem after a story in Monday's New York Post linking DeGeneres to Portia de Rossi, 31, whom she was allegedly hanging out with at VH1's Big in '04 show on Dec. 1.

So has the popular talk show host already moved on? Not so much, says an insider, who is quick to dismiss the rumor of a romance between the two blondes, insisting it's complete hooey.

Reps for both DeGeneres and de Rossi issued the standard no comment when contacted by MSN Entertainment.

DeGeneres, 46, and Hedison, 35, a photographer and former actress, began quietly dating in 2000, shortly after Ellen and Anne Heche ended their headline-grabbing relationship. That split prompted a media frenzy that was helped along by Heche's post-breakup wanderings around Fresno waiting for the mothership to beam her up.

News of the split will come as a surprise to those who caught DeGeneres on Dateline last month, as she responded in the affirmative when asked if Hedison was the love of her life.

"Yes. Yeah. I've never felt this way before. Ever," gushed Ellen. "She's amazing. She's kind. She's funny. Really, really funny. Makes me laugh very hard. I'm happier than I've been in my entire life."

No word on whether Ellen and Alexandra have worked out custody arrangements for their two cats, Harlow and Subtle, and dog, Lucy.

De Rossi, meanwhile, has remained tight-lipped about her personal life, although she's been linked in recent years to singer-songwriter Francesca Gregorini, the daughter of actress Barbara Bach and stepdaughter of Ringo Starr.

"I live my life the way I want to live it," the "Arrested Development" beauty recently told Australia's Herald-Sun. "I am certainly not going to modify my life just to suit the paparazzi."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: DeGeneres Suddenly Single

Quote Originally Posted by MustangGurlie

So has the popular talk show host already moved on? Not so much, says an insider, who is quick to dismiss the rumor of a romance between the two blondes, insisting it's complete hooey.

Reps for both DeGeneres and de Rossi issued the standard no comment when contacted by MSN Entertainment.
    interesting... the first statement confirms my feelings that its not true... but the second statement makes me confused all over again!!

A lot of stars are tired of explaining every little think about their personal lives to the public. I have the pict. of ellen at the vh1 awards, but can't figure out how to post, any suggestions would be great!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

new from the advocate...

Ellen's breakup difficult for her
    The recent changes in Ellen DeGeneres's love life have apparently been hard on her as well as on her now ex-partner Alexandra Hedison. Spies for the New York Post's Page Six on Tuesday reported seeing DeGeneres "crying hysterically on her phone in the lobby of the Chateau Marmont [the chic L.A. hotel and eatery] around 10:30" on Saturday night.

DeGeneres's sudden break with Hedison came less than a month after the comedian had reaffirmed her love for Hedison in an exclusive Advocate cover story appearing on newsstands December 21. Yet neither DeGeneres nor her representatives contacted the magazine to ensure that its gay and lesbian readers would get the true story. Not until the magazine had been printed did a representative for DeGeneres acknowledge, when contacted, that the relationship between the comedian and Hedison was already disintegrating even before DeGeneres sat down for the Advocate interview.

Responding this week to questions from The Advocate regarding the reported new love between DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi, representatives for both DeGeneres and de Rossi said they "don't discuss the private lives of their clients." Neither, however, denied the relationship.

Ellen-Fan
    Zeist, in a far away country called....Holland..
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

This news is really spreading fast around the world!! Yesterday morning it was already in the Dutch papers, saying Ellen and Alex split up and that Ellen is dating Portia! It's just amazing how interesting people it find when two people are splitting up, even so interesting that they feel the entire world should know it!
    "Never let go what you believe in. Do never let people make you think you're something you're not

"Be Strong, Speak True, and Spread the Peace"-MLE

People love gossip, especially when it's a celeberity down in the dumps.

Ellen-Fan
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by laura123
    This news is really spreading fast around the world!! Yesterday morning it was already in the Dutch papers, saying Ellen and Alex split up and that Ellen is dating Portia! It's just amazing how interesting people it find when two people are splitting up, even so interesting that they feel the entire world should know it!
    ugh. that makes me sick. it would be horrible enough to go through a break up, but to have the entire world sufficating you by rubbing it in your face constantly and hashing your situation over repeatedly would be an absolute nightmare. its no surprise that after the anne break ellen went into such a depression. poor girl.
    "sorry baby...i don't know what i'm doing..."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

well at least they're not (yet) focusing on the lesbian part - they are treating all this the way they would usually talk about any other famous heterosexual relationships. i think it's a big step. will it have milder effects? will it even last?
    My Grandmother started walking 5 miles a day when she turned 60.
    She is 97 now and we don't know where the hell she is.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by auggiesociety
    its no surprise that after the anne break ellen went into such a depression. poor girl.
    I dont want to be bad, I love Ellen, but in this time is that different...the poor one here is now Alex, because Ellen broke up with her...she's in the same place like Ellen before "alone, hurt and throw aside"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

well we dont know the whole story... from what it sounded like when we first heard they split, was that alex broke up with ellen... who knows if we'll ever know...