Thread: Hello Newbie here! Thoughts on Ellen/Alex/Portia

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Hello Newbie here! Thoughts on Ellen/Alex/Portia

Hello Everyone Iím new here. Actually I have been hovering around reading posts for quite some time but have finally decided to join in on the discussions. Let me begin by saying I think all of you are amazing people each with your own experiences and situations.

I just wanted to post my thoughts on the whole Ellen/Alex/Portia story and although I probably should have done it a few days ago here are my comments for what they are worth. I have always had a very deep admiration and respect for Ellen for reasons that are obvious. As far as celebrities go, I have held Ellen to high standards and have had high expectations of her (like I do my very closest of friends) because of who she is. Perhaps this is not necessarily fair to Ellen, but it is what it is. Although I am saddened that she is no longer with Alex (for whatever reason), these things do happen, but I am extremely disappointed in her behavior regarding Portia (assuming the media is telling the truth) and how all this ďdramaĒ came to a head. In many ways I feel she has let me down tremendously. Again, not really fair to Ellen, but it is what it is. I know for some reason that will reamin unknown, Ellen has chosen to experience this right now and perhaps there is a lesson to be learned unfortunately in the public eye. Nonetheless, I will continue to support her and I wish her the very best in getting through this rough patch whatever the end result may be.

Thanks for listening.

Ellen-Fan
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i completely agree with you. if the Portia situation is real (which with each hour i'm thinking more strongly that it's media gossip) i would unfortunately lose some respect and admiration toward ellen. but in honesty, i don't think ellen would do that...and things just aren't adding up.
    "sorry baby...i don't know what i'm doing..."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Lose respect and admiration for Ellen??!! I guess to do that we would have to assume that we really know her. Hell, we know nothing about her except what the media tells us...and so judging her is not our prerogative..and never will be. All I know about Ellen is how is performs, how she talks, how she walks, how she dances, how she's witty, how she smiles, how she laughs.....and for all that I love her. Anything beyond that,.... if I could only be that lucky to know! Maybe someday I will sit across her over a cup of coffee and say hey... I know you ! But till then all I can and will do is love her for what I KNOW....!! Love you Ellen.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

We actually know a little more than that, because according to The Advocate when Ellen was interviewed and talked about her relationship with Alex it was already on the rocks if not over (could they be saying that to sell more issues?). But yeah I agree with you until we actually know her we can't judge based on what we hear from the media just on what she does entertaining everyday.
    "Procrastinate now... Don't Put it off"
    -Ellen DeGeneres "Here and Now" tour 2003

Ellen-Fan
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by forellen
    Lose respect and admiration for Ellen??!! I guess to do that we would have to assume that we really know her. Hell, we know nothing about her except what the media tells us...and so judging her is not our prerogative..and never will be. All I know about Ellen is how is performs, how she talks, how she walks, how she dances, how she's witty, how she smiles, how she laughs.....and for all that I love her. Anything beyond that,.... if I could only be that lucky to know! Maybe someday I will sit across her over a cup of coffee and say hey... I know you ! But till then all I can and will do is love her for what I KNOW....!! Love you Ellen.
    right...but come on, if you look up to someone, even if its based on what the media portrays of them, and you hear they cheated on their partner, you're trying to tell me you would think the exact same of them?? The respect and admiration i have for her is based on what i know of her through the media...thats the Ellen i know..and thats the ellen i would possibly lose some respect and admiration for. Just b/c i don't know someone on a personal level, doesn't mean i don't have respect for them. I don't know 99% of the people i encounter a day, but i still show respect to them by not running into them, talking mean to them or not acknowledging their presents at all. i just have a certain image of ellen embedded in my head, and it would be slightly skewed if this Portia stuff is true..thats all i was saying. by no means would i think she was the scum of the earth or anything...we all make mistakes. i'll still love her and her work...but i'll just have a slightly different perception of her.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Well, I understand feeling let down....BUT I also know that this is all speculation and media.....what part is true( if anything at all) is anybodys guess. First, I am no one to judge....and then I believe I should form opinions only based on what I know for a fact...which, when it comes to celebreties is very little. We do not know anything about their relationships......see, they don't have any obligation to open up their hearts and souls to the media. Well, to each it's own....me , I won't think any differently of her....whoever she loves or doesn't....it's her heart,her life.

Ellen-Fan
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

forellen, i totally see what you're saying. i guess we just look at celebrities in a different light, or have different feelings toward them which is completely understandable. just another minute detail of what makes us each individuals.....

i honestly dont think the Portia drama is real though. That just doesn't sound like Ellen. If it is, thats too bad though. But life goes on....and computer-mother-flippin-science calls my name.....yuck. :?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by auggiesociety
    forellen, i totally see what you're saying. i guess we just look at celebrities in a different light, or have different feelings toward them which is completely understandable. just another minute detail of what makes us each individuals.....

i honestly dont think the Portia drama is real though. That just doesn't sound like Ellen. If it is, thats too bad though. But life goes on....and computer-mother-flippin-science calls my name.....yuck. :?
    Thanks for your respose auggie....I too think the Portia deal is all crap....just the media trying to look for an easy superficial reason when life can actually be more deep and complicated than that.We'll never know the whole truth..ever...and that's OK....just wish the best to both.