Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I can only imagine how Alex feels.
    I would imagine she is quite heart sick.
    Poor kid[/b]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Alex

What a worse time to breakup, during the holidays. Breaking up with someone after 4 years has got to be the hardest thing. I know that they both are hurting tremendously. Which sucks for Ellen because she can't do it privatley because of the show. It is not like the last breakup. But you can tell she is not her same self on the show. I'm sure Alex has a strong support system from friends and family. They broke up in the beginning of their relationship but some way found that path to make things work and they did and lasted 4 years. Hopefully, what ever it is they can find that path again. I just don't see them throwing away their relationship.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i feel so bad for her
    Ariell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I'm sure Alex will be alright...unfortunate timing though with xmas 'n all

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

If anyone's interested.... and as a continuation of the thread

Alex seems to be doing OK; rebuilding a year or so later.... obviously it was a very hard time for her.

In 2005
    A good samaritan started a fan site for her... (she approves)
    She had her 2nd show aptly titled (Re)Building in July'05
    She directed a short film titled "In the doghouse" - How relationships and pets dont really get along
    We saw her out publicly a few times most recently in Nov at Power Up presenting an award
    She's doing a few clips for LOGO with other notables -
    " Review of the year in Queer" I dare say she's sexy in those clips

AND FINALLY
    She's been filming the Season 3 L-Word which premiers THIS Sunday.
    Her character's Dylan I'm told.... STAY TUNED !

So hey you put one foot in front of the other and JUST DO IT !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Alex

Thanks for the info on Alex. Nice to see she is getting things back together again and getting on with her life.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Is it just me or does it seem that Alex has had a lot more going on for her professionally than Portia through 2005?

P doesn't have any new movies or TV projects in the works that we know of, and with AD's future up in the air, that isn't a sure thing anymore.

And being someone's girlfriend isn't really an accomplishment...at least not in Hollywood. E is her sugar momma now, I guess.

Alex has moved forward. Good for her!

"The beginning is always today." ~feminist, intellectual and writer Mary Wollstonecraft

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Ouch! Tigger2, that was direct. 8O

But somewhat true. I was just wondering though, what is it that makes you get up one morning and realize that you don't wanna be with the person whose lying next to you - and after such along time - 4yrs - And spare a thought for Portias ex-girl friend too - she got shafted as well.

And if you can get up one morning and just change ur life whats to say that you won't do it again and again and again.

I just think that contentment is whats lackin in the world today.

Though I still think Ellen's da bomb - there will never ever be anyone like her. Except maybe if she has a kid.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Don't get me wrong i like them all Ellen, Portia, and Alex from what i have seen of Alex... i am a big Ellen fan since around 1985 or 1986 when she was doing standup.... Ellen needs a challenging person to be with, you know someone who challanges her... When she was with Ann Heche she challanged Ellen to speak out and be proud Ellen was pretty quite until she got with Ann then Ann went " LITERALLY PSYCHO " and broke Ellen's heart and she found comfort with Alex unfortuantely Alex got caught as the rebound girl but was no challange for our Ellen... until introducing Portia who has Ellen back out in the public again being more proud and vocal again.... which is only good for us other lesbians the more society accepts her they accept us.. the more famous gays or lesbians are out there breaking down sterotypes the better for us all.. Rosie set us back a little with the shoving it in societies face bit... i like the way Ellen is going about being openly gay without shoving it down societies throat. she is a classy lady

As for Portia maybe she doesn't want to play the typical lesbian characters she was never about that. Being with Ellen most likely cost her some sex symbol roles.. a straight person can play a gay or lesbian in a movie and audiences are very accepting but a gay or lesbian if they play a straight person the audience is not very accepting of yet especailly once your out in hollywood ... Portia has always pretty much played the sex symbol role opposite some hot guy. i am sure producers are not beating down her door now.

i haven't heard much about alex but i look forward on watching her develope.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Ooooh, now that's an ouch, too!

But I think it's true. No one seems to be beating down Portia's door and the mags aren't panting for her photo. No more late night dancing shots. Most actresses her age (and some 15 years older!) have something "in production" all the time.

I think she's got herself a stagnate career there, but if she's happy as someone's wife, then to each her own. I think most of us would be happy as Ellen's wife. At least for a little while...

"The beginning is always today." ~feminist, intellectual and writer Mary Wollstonecraft

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast