Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Alex

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thanks for the interview. Can't believe she didn't like working on Ally McBeal! 8O Thought that would have been quite a fun/surreal job to act. Oh well! :lol:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I didn't think of this as a lesbian issue as much as the issue of whether or not P was actively pursuing her career and how busy other actresses her age are.

If she is relying on Ellen to provide her buzz in Hollywood, she may wind up regretting it when she and E are history. Training horses won't keep her in the lifestyle to which "she's become accustomed." But it sounds good when you have a very rich sugar momma.

Maybe she isn't very ambitious, and that's cool. But if the debate really is that because she is "out" she won't be considered for any heterosexual roles, then it's a whole other ball of wax.

It could still be many decades before actresses who happen to be lesbians will be treated like any other actress. Is it any wonder that Jodie Foster has kept a lid on her orientation?

What we're all tip toeing around is P is no longer on the "go to" list of hot actresses now that she is out. And she may already anticipate it, so she's lucky to have the line that acting is a career that she might drop out of...to soothe the sting that she no longer has the appeal she once did when she was closeted.

Ellen had to work hard to build back her appeal from her fall in the late 90s and she hasn't done it by pretending that she's just like every other actress. She has other highly marketable skills that don't rely on sex appeal at all.

Unfortunately, while P and other lesbian actresses are talented, Hollywood may not make it too easy. If they can't sing, don't want to be a model and don't have desires to be directors or other jobs in the biz, then being a sex symbol might be taken off the list as well.

BTW--Saffron Burrows is for sure bi-sexual and she's done okay for herself. But she may not expect to be the femme fatale anymore.

All I'm saying is this is one of the most devisive issues lesbian actresses face today.
    "The beginning is always today." ~feminist, intellectual and writer Mary Wollstonecraft

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I'm pretty sure when I clicked on this thread to read it, it was entitled 'alex' and yet for some reason i found myself reading about portia, which i don't really enjoy doing at the best of times but in a thread about alex...thats just not good.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

That's right Rich! I agree with you!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Alex

Fully agree with you rich on this one. This thread is supposed to be about Alex.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

And we were discussing how Alex's career in 2005 seemed to be doing a lot more than P's did. And why that might be.

And just like many of the threads here, took off onto a related topic. And P is discussed at this board from time to time, so you'll need to toughen up if that bothers you a wee bit.
    "The beginning is always today." ~feminist, intellectual and writer Mary Wollstonecraft

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

8O i have never seen a forum go off subject before!!!!

anywho.... make a string called portia bashers and i won't post because i will know what's going on then.... :lol: :lol: :P ignorance is bliss ( wasn't Ellen mentioned she is not Alex ) :lol: :lol:

agree with ya Tigger2. and the comparison between Portia and Alex i just took it as a lesbian thing.... sry.... ignorace is still bliss...

so you'll need to toughen up if that bothers you a wee bit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by irock4u
    ( wasn't Ellen mentioned she is not Alex )
    Incase you didn't notice this is an ellen fan site, i'd expect to be reading about ellen even if the thread is entitled alex but i didn't see portia's name mentioned anywhere.

And tigger2 i'm not bothered by it, i'm just airing my opinion and trying to get the posting back on subject, i'm sorry if i don't wanna read about portia when i'm expecting to be reading about alex.. it is somewhat of a disapointment.

I get that there are discussions about portia on this board i'd just prefer not to be reading them. Maybe they should come with warnings 'caution: may contain traces of portia'

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

rich wrote:

it was entitled 'alex'
    but in a thread about alex
    thanks... just seeing how serious you were taking the alex topic...

i enjoy reading about Alex as well.... i didn't know i offended you so much( sry ) normally mentioning another doesn't cause a stir like this .... how about......... Alex 24/7 absolutely NO " P " talk..... since this one was contaminated....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

ok i'm not taking it that serious and i'm not offended...there are worse things in life than a topic going off topic...even if it is to talk about portia

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast