Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Alex

Does anyone have any information on how she is doing? Has anyone seen her and taken pictures?
    Belacb

Ellen-Fan
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I haven't seen anything, but that is meaningless.

I'm sure that she is suffering the worst of fates. Who wouldn't be in the face of a relationship's death, especially when they are the ones left behind? Regardless of who did wrong & when, the end can be terribly rough. I'm certain that this will be a bleak Christmas for her...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I agree and that is why I asked....She has to be going thru the pits right now...All the if's, and plans that they may have had....At least Ellen has an outlet with the shew....You knoe Ellen always says at the begining of the show when she gets applauded how good it feels, and how everyone should get to feel that at least once a day...I wonder who is applauding Alex
    Belacb

Ellen-Fan
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Aside from us, not many, I'm sure. It's a shame though. She seemed to keep Ellen grounded & deserves her fair share of credit for the support she has lent through these last few years.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

What do you guys think of the "official statement"?
    Belacb

Ellen-Fan
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by belacb
    What do you guys think of the "official statement"?
    I think that they were politically correct. It lacked the cattiness that you would expect to see & projected the love that you wouldn't, necessarily.

It seems that they had to say something, especially since the news has broken...while there was nothing wrong w/ their statements (& I hope that they were true, the parts about residual feelings, that is), readers could still feel the pain.

If nothing else, everyone should feel comforted in the knowledge that they felt the need to handle this messy period tactfully. Their management of this horrendous time actually speaks well of both of them

Ellen-Fan
    In the words of Robin Williams: "the whitest f***ing state in the union"...It's true.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mom_of_12
    I haven't seen anything, but that is meaningless.

I'm sure that she is suffering the worst of fates. Who wouldn't be in the face of a relationship's death, especially when they are the ones left behind? Regardless of who did wrong & when, the end can be terribly rough. I'm certain that this will be a bleak Christmas for her...
    Ugh, breakups are the worst. What a terrible time to have this happen. I hope Alex has people supporting her. You can't help but feel terribly sorry for them both.
    "No day but today"-Jonathon Larson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

what did they say in the 'official statement'? poor alex, i cant beleive that happend. ur right, being the one left behind is the worst. :cry:
    I could never hide this little light of mine
    If God made a mistake then I should die before I wake
    Maybe it's my fate to swim against this tide
    Swallowing my pride

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

ya know what is so bad that after 4 years that their friends have got to be friends with both of them. does that make sense. they almost have to stay in each others life you just can't erase them. they are your world. am i wrong?
    Where did your Christ come from? From God and a Woman! Man had nothing to do with him!"
    (Sojourner Truth)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by belacb
    I agree and that is why I asked....She has to be going thru the pits right now...All the if's, and plans that they may have had....At least Ellen has an outlet with the shew....You knoe Ellen always says at the begining of the show when she gets applauded how good it feels, and how everyone should get to feel that at least once a day...I wonder who is applauding Alex

Alex doesn't need applauding, she does need and have her friends and family. She has a huge extended family, her mom, Bridget is here in Los Angeles and I believe her sister is also. She also still has Ellen and their mutual friends, who like true friends won't desert either one of them, thank goodness. They broke up but I really don't doubt they are in contact all the time as their lives were co-mingled.
    But I must say often when things are not *right* for lack of a better word, the ending may be a long time coming and putting on a *face* is a very hopeful thing. I can't tell you how many times I have gone out to a holiday party with my partner just cuz it was expected and easier than not showing up together. Looking back it was really a bad thing to do, didn't help the relationship and made our friends uncomfortable. The brave thing to do would have been to go alone.
    I think about Ellen's interviews and I look at them now as an attempt to make it better, sorta if you speak it out loud, its so. I doubt it was a lie, more a hope that it would work and she found that it couldn't.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast