Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Please let them be...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Please let them be...

    I have spent a good deal of time today reading about everyones thoughts about Ellen's breakup and its made me very sad for her and for Portia . Alex and Francesca.
    Being a celebrity or involved with one really sucks. Imagine your last relationship and the indecision/pain/fear/feelings you felt about it. You were maybe not certain about staying together or breaking up...you loved the person, they had become your best friend and more but you could no longer see yourself going thru life in the relationship..but you just can't leave cuz its not just hurting your friend but the world is gonna judge you, the media is gonna riducule you, the gay community is gonna blame you...and all because you are making a decision, not lightly (tho it may seem to outsiders) to do what you feel is best for you in your life. Imagine that you in the midst of struggling with all of these feelings do the horrible thing of falling for someone else. Now you are viewed as a horrible cheater, you have betrayed everyone's feelings about your relationship, how could you do that to your fans. the gay community, you are suppose to be responsible, you are not suppose to go by your feelings. To make this worse, you fall for a woman who has never ever come out, she has lived her life quietly, chased by tabloids but never sat down and told the world that she loved another woman. Imagine also that she is not what the media holds as your typical lesbian, she dresses up, she wears* Horrors* makeup. she likes that stuff and tho' she has a job and a career of her own and has since forever you know they will say she is going with you to further that career that has been going on since she was a teen, quietly like most of her life and her love. You know they will say she can't care for you, she is younger, different from what you have had in the past, she just isn't what they want to see you with, how could you like her! Painful to be told you aren't good enough to be loved just for you by the same fans who profess to adore you. They will say she is *ugly*, they will write about you both, stand in front of your home, chase you to work every morning, dying to get that first picture of you two together! They will analyze it to death in the press and on your own website, they will bemoan your betrayal of THEIR view of YOUR life and the obvious fact that you dare to think you can live and love as you wish without interference from them.
    They liked you better with Alex, they want you with Alex, they demand you go back to Alex and get over this silly thing. You owe it to them.
    They tell you, she can't be right for you. Afterall they know you better than you can ever know yourself. They read about you in that press that is chasing you, they watch you dance on your show, they should know.
    It sucks to be a celebrity or be involved with one. It also sucks to be a friend to one and to love her and want the best for her and watch her go thru the pain of a public breakup. All of the anger directed at Ellen and Portia is so ugly and so hard for me to understand. I keep going back to my last breakup and the agony of it. I am blessed that I am a nobody and could cry alone. I wish for Ellen, Alex, Portia and Francesa that same ability to cry alone, under their covers, eating bad food and watching bad tv. I wish they all could do that and then walk out their respective doors and leave it, like I did, until I was ready to go back to it.
    I know its wistful thinking on my part that they could handle their lives in private, too late for that but I do wish and maybe this could happen here please that you give them a break from the anger and judgement that you remember your last breakup, your last sudden relationship, your last someone leaving....and be kinder to all 4 women
    Lisette.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    39
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default

    I just joined so that I could relay this message to you. Thank you for putting so clearly exactly how I feel. They are lucky to have a friend like you. Be there for them as I am sure you are. Thank you!!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    72
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default

    I agree with you on the most part....We fans at times forget that our idols are human, and have human emotions and fail and hurt all like we do...We forget that, maybe because we are looking for a period of time to forget about our problems and shortcomings and we project a perfect person and a perfect life unot someone else....What I dont understand it that how can loyalties, love, friendship all vanish from one day to the other? How can someone claim to love you one day and the next ask you to move out? According to reports (and I will be honest am dont beleive them, but then again I didnt beleive they have broken up until I saw the statement and the ring) Ellen went to a party fell "in love" and boom asked Alex to move out...How does that happen? How does someone destroy a Home?
    Belacb

  4. #4
    Ellen-Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Zeist, in a far away country called....Holland..
    Posts
    690
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by belacb
    I agree with you on the most part....We fans at times forget that our idols are human, and have human emotions and fail and hurt all like we do...We forget that, maybe because we are looking for a period of time to forget about our problems and shortcomings and we project a perfect person and a perfect life unot someone else....What I dont understand it that how can loyalties, love, friendship all vanish from one day to the other? How can someone claim to love you one day and the next ask you to move out? According to reports (and I will be honest am dont beleive them, but then again I didnt beleive they have broken up until I saw the statement and the ring) Ellen went to a party fell "in love" and boom asked Alex to move out...How does that happen? How does someone destroy a Home?
    I don't believe it happened that way. Love can't be gone from on day to an other. Certain things must have happened which made them realize they could better spend their lives seperately. It's their choice to share those very personal things or not, but I do believe that we as fans, should support no matter what they decide.
    "Never let go what you believe in. Do never let people make you think you're something you're not

    "Be Strong, Speak True, and Spread the Peace"-MLE

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    39
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default

    lets use our heads please. You know very well that nothing like that happened that quickly. It seems you are viewing this aspect of all these womens lives like an evening sitcom.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by belacb
    I agree with you on the most part....We fans at times forget that our idols are human, and have human emotions and fail and hurt all like we do...We forget that, maybe because we are looking for a period of time to forget about our problems and shortcomings and we project a perfect person and a perfect life unot someone else....What I dont understand it that how can loyalties, love, friendship all vanish from one day to the other? How can someone claim to love you one day and the next ask you to move out? According to reports (and I will be honest am dont beleive them, but then again I didnt beleive they have broken up until I saw the statement and the ring) Ellen went to a party fell "in love" and boom asked Alex to move out...How does that happen? How does someone destroy a Home?
    I think you know the answer to your own question. You said you don't believe them. What makes you believe that Ellen literallly overnight lost all of that, or that anyone would..forget Ellen...it never happens like that unless its a case oif great trauma, violence or such destroys it. Consider the sources and consider Ellen.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashalove
    I just joined so that I could relay this message to you. Thank you for putting so clearly exactly how I feel. They are lucky to have a friend like you. Be there for them as I am sure you are. Thank you!!

    Thank you Asha.... :mrgreen:

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    91
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default

    I think we're shocked at the timing of the brake-up. Cause Ellen was saying how much she loved Alex and what not. Then, what, a month later they've broken-up. So something major must have happened in that time, what-we don't know, probably never will.

    They're humans and humans are known for making mistakes. Life likes to throw curve balls at us. Maybe the reason we're all so upset was because Alex helped Ellen get over the curve ball called-Anne. Ellen was also getting her career back on the right track.

    Anyways in the unfamous words of my mother-"lifes a b!tch, then you die."
    GoGgY-The Queen of England

    Hey Alex!

    http://www.livejournal.com/users/goggy_lynn/

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    72
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goggy
    I think we're shocked at the timing of the brake-up. Cause Ellen was saying how much she loved Alex and what not. Then, what, a month later they've broken-up. So something major must have happened in that time, what-we don't know, probably never will.

    They're humans and humans are known for making mistakes. Life likes to throw curve balls at us. Maybe the reason we're all so upset was because Alex helped Ellen get over the curve ball called-Anne. Ellen was also getting her career back on the right track.

    Anyways in the unfamous words of my mother-"lifes a b!tch, then you die."



    I agree!!! Its sad for all concern, but probably a little worst for the person left holding the what ifs and the why's....In this case it seems to be Alex.
    Belacb

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default

    I don't agree that only Alex is left with questions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •