View Poll Results: Do you dislike Anne Heche?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 37.04%
  • No

11 40.74%
  • Just a lil' bit

6 22.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do y'all dislike Anne Heche?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Do y'all dislike Anne Heche?

I've read a couple of posts on here that seem to be decidedly anti-Anne Heche. Well, my mother was reading her book and let me see it (after asking why the hell I wanted to read it) and I have to say, I can't dislike the girl cause she's skrait CRAZY!

I can't dislike her. She had a very hard childhood, and sistagirl was confused to the tenth power. I think she loved Ellen, but she ain't gay and I think it was right of her to get out of the relationship. I see no reason to dislike her.

But listening to Ellen on the NPR interview, she seems to think Anne was all about the attention, but I don't even think she really knew Anne. Did she know Anne thought she was some celestial being waiting for a spaceship?

I mean, damn, this girl was nuts!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Now i can't hate her,because,since I read this interview with larry king live
    http://ellen-degeneres.piranho.com/larryking.html
    And i heard her,i don't remembered but i know, she spoke for the gay people with ellen, i think on this forum we have the link (audio real one)...But she said so beautiful think about gay people and others !!!
    It's based in fear, fear of the other, fear of what is not like

Anne was a very mixed up person. I have also read the book and as I mentioned in my other mail, I do have sympathy for her and we mustn't judge her too harshly. Her relationship with Ellen is in the past and they have both survived the ordeal. They both had to go through that to become stronger people and they both know that. Neither regretted what they did although I have read that Ellen said she wouldn't go out with Anne if she meet her tomorrow. She felt Anne was too pushy and sought publicity but it takes two to tango. Ellen has a strong character I am sure she would have been able to say no if she really didn't want that. But without those happenings she might not have met Alex. Who knows?........
    Don't get me wrong I am not anti either of them. I like to look at both sides and I like what is happenning to both of them now. They are both successful professionally and privately. Anne is in a very successful play at present I believe?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Do y'all dislike Anne Heche?

I'm a fan of Ellen . Have been monitoring for several years
    (referring to several TV's interview) I think her love to ellen is genuine and she puts the blame to her self first in what happen and also she never say anything bad about ellen.Beside from being confused, she's OK.

Ellen-Fan
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Personally, I do dislike Anne. Mainly because there was such a big public furor over her split with Ellen, yet she never did say to Ellen that she was leaving. She just upped and left, and if I'm not mistaken, first Ellen heard about her not being gay was in the media.

I also remember Anne talking on either 60 minutes or 20/20 at the time, and she had all these excuses, mental illnesses etc etc, and it was all so public. It was like a way to get more publicity, which is what she was after all the way along. She entered the relationship because Ellen was famous, she pushed Ellen into coming out, she kept pushing Ellen to put their relationship up on the pedastol so everyone could see, and then she rode off into the sunset in a blaze of glory for all to see.

Even Ellen's mom loved Anne so much. She said in her book that she considered Anne her daughter, as Anne's family had disowned her, and it must have hurt her very deeply to have that happen to her and her daughter.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

She pushed Ellen into coming out? I don't think that's really accurate. Ellen was already about to come out anyway.

I don't know what to think, b/c in her book, she says she told Ellen she was out. Who knows?

Ellen-Fan
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

If you read 'Love, Ellen' by Betty DeGeneres, Ellen's mum, you'll get another side of the story. Ellen was will Anne when she came out.

There are numerous interviews with Ellen that talk about that time in her life. Ellen says she was was under an 'influence' at that time to talk openly about her sexuality, and her relationship. She says that had she not been influenced by Anne she wouldn't have been so open. Ellen describes herself is a private person who doesn't go out much, but Anne pushed her into being more 'out there'.

Ellen-Fan
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

There are numerous interviews with Ellen that talk about that time in her life. Ellen says she was was under an 'influence' at that time to talk openly about her sexuality, and her relationship. She says that had she not been influenced by Anne she wouldn't have been so open. Ellen describes herself is a private person who doesn't go out much, but Anne pushed her into being more 'out there'.
    exactly. the NPR interview is a prime example of that. the link is somewhere in the forum.....i'm too lazy to be nice and find it for the people who haven't listened yet, but i suggest you do the digging and listen if you haven't b/c she talks a lot about her relationship with anne, but blade did a nice job of summing that all up above. but if you wanna hear the facts straight from the horse's mouth i'd highly suggest listening to the NPR interview whose link is piled below here somewhere. it's about 28 minutes long.

::ADDED FEW HOURS LATER::
    whoa. so i just turned on my tv and i was setting my VCR to tape next weeks episodes of TEDS, and just as it closes out of the VCR set up screen, who's face is plastered across my tv screen? none other then anne heche's. immediately following the close up of her there's a clip of anne and ellen 8O from when they were together. then they showed a short interview with anne now and talking about her currently life :roll: ::gag me:: (BTW, it was the show ACCESS HOLLYWOOD). i just thought it was humorous not only b/c of the fact we've all been talking about her a lot on here, but the fact that i was setting my VCR to record Ellen's show......just thought i'd share. you guys are the only ones that would appreciate the humor of it all!
    "sorry baby...i don't know what i'm doing..."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I listened to the NPR interview a while ago, and I did get the impression that Ellen feels as if Anne forced her to be more vocal, but I don't think she forced her to come out. That was my point.

allido is right. Anne did not force Ellen to come out. Ellen had already chosen to do that herself. But Ellen has always maintained that it was Anne who wanted them to publicise their relationship like holding hands in public and attending talkshows together. Ellen preferred a quiet relationship and she has learned from the mistake that is why she and Alex can now relax and enjoy a quiet time together without the media breathing down their necks all the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast