Thread: going to a taping

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default going to a taping

Hi! I am taking my girlfriend to LA (we live in South Carolina) to attend a taping of the Ellen Degeneres show on January 17th. We are both big fans of Ellen, so I surprised my girlfriend with tickets for her 40th birthday. We are so excited, but neither of us have been to LA. Does anyone out there have any advice about fun things to do and places to visit? We would love to have some information about attending the taping if anyone could help us (times to stand in line, tips, anything!). The show won't send out the information until the week before and we would like to start preparing now. Thanks so much for any information you may have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

If you have time you might consider a drive up the coast to Santa Barbara. It takes about an hour and a half from the elle studio. It is a worthwhile trip just for the pure beauty of Santa Barbara...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thanks so much! We are going to arrive Saturday night, the taping is Monday (trying to figure out what time the taping takes place) and we are leaving Tuesday. So, that really only leaves us Sunday. It's a much too quick trip, but our jobs beckon! A trip up the coast sounds wonderful. Thanks for the advice. If you think of anything else, please let me know!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I don't really have any advice (because I've never been there either) but I just wanted to say....what and awesome gift!!! I hope the two of you have a blast!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Well if you are unable to drive up the coast then here are a few options you may want to consider. Depending on what your tastes are...The Getty Museum is totally worth a visit, even if for just a short time. A drive up Mulholland Drive is always promising. Venice beach is great for people watching and seeing some of the strangest things in this world. The LA Farmers Market is also a promising time. Alavera street is also quite a good time. Universal City Walk is always fun as well. Just a few suggestions. Just make sure if you get lost you use your head when getting directionsas some areas of Los Angeles are not the best. One last piece of advice. I know I saw somewhere on this site information about going to the tapings. I suggest you put in a search for show tapings and see what comes up. Enjoy California!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thanks so much for all your input. I will take all suggestions with us. It sounds wonderful--probably a little different from life here in South Carolina! In the meantime, I will continue to look for information on the tapings as you suggested. I have done several searches and have come up with nothing. This is as close as I feel I have been so far. If you come across anything, please let me know! Thanks so much.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Ellen Taping

How fun! You're going to have a blast!

Be ready to wait in line for a long time. The information the studio will give you may say to be there 2 hours early but that is not enough time. There is a giant line forming by 10 am on certain days. I would bring some chairs, food, water, and a radio with. The parking is close by so one of you can take the chairs and things to the car when it gets closer to show time.

As for things to do in LA it really depends on what your scene is. If you are into people watching, dance clubs, and the whole "Pride" scene, take a trip to West Hollywood one evening. There are some interesting shops, bars, and clubs along Santa Monica Blvd in West Hollywood. (From the 101 Fwy, exit Santa Monica Blvd, go West until you see pride flags) A block or two south of here is Melrose which is full of shops, restaurants, and clubs. There is one restaurant that me and my g/f like to go called The Bungalo Club of Hollywood. It is on Melrose. You can reserve your own private bungalo that is really cozy.

Have fun!! I hope the weather will be good when you get here as we have had some odd rain storms here.
    Mojosixx