Thanks (Received)

Default Info on TEDS (helpful)

The Ellen DeGeneres Show
    • Next: 1/3 , 5:30PM;
    NBC Studios
    3000 W Alameda Ave
    Burbank, CA 91523
    818-840-4444

Although a slew of talented entertainers have failed to match Oprah or Jay Leno in the lucrative talk-show market, the buzz continues to be strong for 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show.' The always affable Ellen hosts an hour-long talk and variety show featuring the circuit's familiar slate of celebs, musical guests and "regular people" with interesting tales to tell. Of course, the real star is the quirky Ellen, who having moved past the coming-out controversies now can focus on her slightly skewed but insightful comic voice. Whether the show's the next 'Rosie' or merely destined for the junkyard of star vehicles driven by the likes of Martin Short and Chevy Chase, the venture at least brings the beloved DeGeneres back to network TV.
    Taping Season: This fall the show tapes most Mondays through Thursdays. Arrival times: Mon.-Wed. 4:30PM; Thu. 3PM, 6PM. All show dates are subject to change, so call to make sure the date you're interested in is a tape date.

Ticket Info: The easiest way to nab tickets is to go through Hollywood Tickets and to fill out the online form, which will walk you through the process, including reminding you to call afterwards to confirm. You also can request tickets via the show's official Web site. Note that tickets are given out in excess of capacity.

Audience Info: Audience members must be at the studio at the specified time or they will likely be sent away. Tapings last between three and four hours. The producers like to have the "best dressed" people closest to the cameras: So if you want to up your chances of appearing on air, dress to impress. No cameras, video equipment, cell phones, beepers, bags, backpacks, radios or recording equipment are allowed. All guests must be 18 and over, with photo ID.

NBC offers a 70-minute walking tour of the stages and facilities at its broadcasting complex in Burbank. It gives the visitor an unstaged look at whatever's happening at the studio that particular day. Subject to availability, you can step behind the scenes at 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno' and see the Salem Place set for 'Days of Our Lives.' There are also special effects demonstrations (you may get to fly Superman-style over LA), a sound effects set (where you play the tour's own Trivia Time game show), a stop in the wardrobe department and a video demonstration on makeup. You may witness set construction and a production in progress, and may even see a celebrity or two in their natural environment.

Studio Tours: The guided tour departs at regular intervals Mon.-Fri. 9AM-3PM. It's open on weekends and with extended weekday hours during the summer and holiday seasons; your best bet is to call for the current schedule. Tour tickets are sold first come, first serve and sell out fast during peak vacation seasons (groups of 18 or more can make reservations). There are no tours Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Year's Day. -- Mae Woods and Ross M. Levine
    Procrastination isn't the problem, it's the solution. So procrastinate now, dont put it off.

Ellen-Fan
    In the words of Robin Williams: "the whitest f***ing state in the union"...It's true.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Info on TEDS (helpful)

Quote Originally Posted by EllenRules
    All guests must be 18 and over, with photo ID.
    Oh man! I didn't know you had to be 18. :? That's just stupid (haha, i almost misspelled stupid). Okay, does anyone know how i can get a fake id?
    "No day but today"-Jonathon Larson

Ellen-Fan
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

WHAT??? 18 AND OLDER?! Not fair !!! i'm from québec (canada ) and i was thinking of flying all the way to ellen's...... i'll have to wait i guess.... *tear beggining to drop..* ( nah it's not true, i dont have the money to go there, geez!)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hello !!!

I was wondering if someone knows the story behind the chair thing, or if it's just something that Ellen likes to do for no reason as the table thing before they changed it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by anael59 View Post
    Hello !!!

I was wondering if someone knows the story behind the chair thing, or if it's just something that Ellen likes to do for no reason as the table thing before they changed it?
    Do you mean when she holds herself up on her arms before sitting down??

I think it's just an Ellen thing LOL! She's always been pretty fit and has good biceps I think she just likes pushing herself, she's often spoken about when she used to work out like a crazy person (Even though she now prefers to do yoga!) But I think it probably started off as something silly she may have done in rehearsals to prove how strong she was or something, but she carried it onto the show

Although I do love her new table, I really miss her going over it like she used to do with the old one!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thank you for the info !!
    For The table I have my ideas,
    Maybe they changed it for the style of the set but also for her back issues,
    I remember a video, when her back was out, she danced slowly but she didn't go over The table.
    She said it hurt her back. Maybe she became to fragil for those things.
    Thanks again !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Where is Ellen?

I'm from country where we can't watch ellen on TV. I watch it on youtube. So my question is: is ellen on vacation now? is ellen on tv in america (or anywhere)?
    i'm so confused because of two new videos on youtube...it looks like it is on tv now (this week or month...)
    please anyone answer my question..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by julija13 View Post
    I'm from country where we can't watch ellen on TV. I watch it on youtube. So my question is: is ellen on vacation now? is ellen on tv in america (or anywhere)?
    i'm so confused because of two new videos on youtube...it looks like it is on tv now (this week or month...)
    please anyone answer my question..
    Hi and welcome to the forum

Ellen is currently on Summer break and is not making any new shows at the moment!

The show runs from the beginning of September to the end of May, so there will be new videos coming soon

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thanks so much!
    Now i'm not confused anymore.
    Now I just hope i will not DIE waiting... :O
    Watching Ellen is like sleeping. My favourite two things and you can't live without them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by julija13 View Post
    Thanks so much!
    Now i'm not confused anymore.
    Now I just hope i will not DIE waiting... :O
    You're welcome

I know what you mean, the Summer break is always too long without Ellen!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast