Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Golden Globes

Hi Haokan.
    Arrested Development. They've just shown season 2 ep 7.

Its ok to watch Portia's show.. I do. Its good
    "without love you have nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by mafamba
    Hi Haokan.
    Arrested Development. They've just shown season 2 ep 7.
    tanks a lot!! 8)
    My Grandmother started walking 5 miles a day when she turned 60.
    She is 97 now and we don't know where the hell she is.

hi! did you like arrested dev? i think it's a fab show, very innovative! as for portia's acting, i think she's got her on and offs. overall i think she's not bad at all, she's got a nice balance between head and gut and she's got an attractive persona to let shine through (pers taste).
    i do find there are moments when you just think oh my god what are you doing and all she seems to be doing is forming her particular little gestures (she's got a repertoire of them and they're really cool when they're in place...) but there are also a lot of moments when she gets it really right! i think she was excellent in ally most of the time. there's this one episode- it must be in the second or early third season- when nelle falls in love with some doctor on his last day before going to serve life sentence and i personally think it's one of her best achievements acting-wise (ironically)- it's really good - gripping !
    i also liked her 'joy' in the invisibles, although i think that this film serves as probably the best example of her on-off journeys. but then again that's my personal opinion, i might be totally wrong... you should try to watch the film. it's good!

Yes..Portia is a good actress...
    "without love you have nothing."

About Portia's acting... I think her role on Ally was awesome but I think that she had the writing and other actors helping with the success of the show. As far as Arrested Dev. is concerned I like the concept of the show but Portia's character is not very well developed in my opinion. Her character has that Nellish mannerism but isn't as clearly defined, leaving a void. She could have made herself stand out more as an actress by playing something very different from her past character Nell. This is like half Nell with nothing else to offer. That has nothing to do with the Ellen thing, that's strictly my objective opinion about her acting. Worth what you paid for it!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345