Thread: Yesterday's show 11/30

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Yesterday's show 11/30

Ellen reported that she had to have something surgically removed below her right eye. She said that the show wasn't going to say anything unless it was noticed on camera which it was. She described the procedure by saying they had to scrape, pierce and pluck, I think. I'm not certain of her exact words. But she said she had gotten a lot of sun when she was young and she blamed it on the sun. She didn't make a lot of it, of course.

Ellen-Fan
    In the words of Robin Williams: "the whitest f***ing state in the union"...It's true.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I was a bit worried. When she said sun my thoughts immediately jumped to cancer. I hope it's ok now, whatever it was. *fingers crossed*

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yeah I thought it was skin cancer too... I hope not, but even that isn't terribly serious. Seems she got it in time. Hope all is well with dear ol' Ellen!!

Ellen-Fan
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by menu1121
    Yeah I thought it was skin cancer too... I hope not, but even that isn't terribly serious. Seems she got it in time. Hope all is well with dear ol' Ellen!!
    I'm sure that Ellen caught it early, but don't be fooled by the seriousness of melanomas. They can metastasize when left untreated, creating tumors elsewhere in the body. My best friend's sister didn't take her Dx seriously & had the cancer spread to internal organs before she woke up. In fact, she just underwent brain surgery a full year after her last PET scan came back negative. It's nothing to fool w/.