Thread: How do you guys find friends and stuff?

Default How do you guys find friends and stuff?

That's pretty much just it, how do you make friends? Is it hard for everyone to keep them? Do you feel they just slip away for no particular reason? And do you know any place on the internet where i can feel welcome and not judged?
    I apologyze for starting this thread, feel free to delete it, if you want. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alice_Jones View Post
    That's pretty much just it, how do you make friends? Is it hard for everyone to keep them? Do you feel they just slip away for no particular reason? And do you know any place on the internet where i can feel welcome and not judged?
    I apologyze for starting this thread, feel free to delete it, if you want. Thanks
    I have a small circle of loyal friends, but I'm in a transitionary stage in life, and will have to make more friends again soon. I don't know how to answer your question, as I'm not particularly good at making friends I think it's because initially I'm quite reserved, so I make it difficult. But if you are out there doing things, then friends should come to you. And if you click, and show interest in them, then they will stick around

The internet is definitely a good place to start making friends, I'm not very friendly, I mean I'm usually reserved and quiet, but I found some of the closest and longest friends I have now on the internet. I started targeting people that I share the same interest, then I get to know them and our differences, learned to appreciate it and sometimes I get influenced, eventually the friendship grew beyond the common interest. It;s great.

I think this forum has really warm, kind and friendly people. I love the diversity too. It's just too bad that I don't have the time to be online most of the time to participate in active discussions, but if I could, I'd like to be friends with y'all.
    Seriously... I'm Kidd

"If you only read books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone is thinking" - Haruki Murakami

Something to try is to go to places where people do stuff you enjoy doing and try to say hi to others.
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?

Thank you for all your interventions.
    Yes, saying hi to people, trying to talk to them, that's what i've been doing pretty much my whole life, but i'm guessing i'm really boring or annoying, because eventually people end up fading away from my life. It feels like some of them actually like me, but then out of the sudden someone better shows up, and i'm left behind just like that, for no particular reason.
    Anyway, i'm 30 years old (i'm a 30 rock) and it's always been like this, so maybe i should just follow Ellen's advice and be who i am, embrace myself, accept my situation. It's probably for the best that i face the situation with humor and lightness, take my free time to do stuff that doesn't involve people and don't give a damn, right?

Thank you for all your interventions.
    Yes, saying hi to people, trying to talk to them, that's what i've been doing pretty much my whole life, but i'm guessing i'm really boring or annoying, because eventually people end up fading away from my life. It feels like some of them actually like me, but then out of the sudden someone better shows up, and i'm left behind just like that, for no particular reason.
    Anyway, i'm 30 years old (i'm a 30 rock) and it's always been like this, so maybe i should just follow Ellen's advice and be who i am, embrace myself, accept my situation. It's probably for the best that i face the situation with humor and lightness, take my free time to do stuff that doesn't involve people and don't give a damn, right?
    It's good to have a sense of humor Try not to think you are boring or annoying. You don't want a negative cycle of thoughts. It's difficult, but you have to catch it and think about things in another perspective. More often than not, you'll realise you are making quick judgements about the meaning of other peoples' words and their actions. And as you have said yourself (following Ellen's advice) even if they did think of you in a bad way, it doesn't matter. You can't please everyone. I think they key for everyone is working on being more accepting of who you are, and building on self-confidence. Then the friendship thing might become easier, because your own doubts won't come into play.