Thread: driver license

Default driver license

Hi Guys,

Sorry for mess around forum and making weird threads but I'm pretty sad and rueful... I've failed my driver license exam second time today and you know... I feel an overwhelming desire to lament to the world...

Do you have driver licese? How does it look - the whole process - in your country? How many times you've passed till you actually... pass?...
    Please, say something comforting...

Sorry to hear that, maybe third times the charm?
    Don't feel too down about it, you will get there! I have some friends who have failed twice. Often it's just luck on the day, and who you get as an examiner.
    I did pass first time recently, but I'm still pretty nervous on the road. You keep learning.
    It is probably good having to do the test again, because you will probably be a far safer driver in the end than many who passed the first time!
    Where do you need to improve? And do you drive manual or automatic?
    Last edited by Bolt; 06-03-2013 at 05:33 PM.

Awww that sucks! I know how you feel, it's so disappointing when you fail

But take heart, it took me 3 times before I passed! I was so disheartened when I failed the 2nd time I thought about not bothering again, mainly because I thought I hadn't done anything wrong to fail! But my instructor made me put in for a 3rd and I passed, so you will get there don't worry

Thank you guys so much
    Yeah, I have a very strong expectation that third times the charm Congratulations to Bolt for passing first time You are one of very few persons that I heard of passing first time I hope that like in Suki's situation, third time will be lucky for me also

I'm driving manual. I was going to take automatic, but at the last time I decided to learn on manual...
    I also did not do some great and dangerous mistakes... My biggest nightmare is this task during exam: (this is a condition of continuing exam in the city, in road traffic)

I don't know if you have this - You have to drive from the point with "5" to the and of this trajectory, stop the car in designated place and then on the rear gear you have to go back without stopping and park in starting point. This red dots are bollards which you can't touch with car. And you also can't stop on white lines... First time I've done this good and when I park in starting point I let go of the clutch to early and car kind of jump back and push the bollard a little... And yesterday, on my second time I've drive on the end of trajectory but car was "standing" a little on white lines...
    Exams are awful... Thanks again for comforting words Really. And I hope next time I will manage this !

Yeah, that sucks... When i had my license, i did it all the way through, without ever failing, but for a moment i thought i was close to, mostly because (i don't know about you, but in my country) the theorical test is made on purpose to confuse people and make them fail, which, sadly, works more times than we realize Anyway, i passed both tests at first, and i said to them: "Suck it, nerds, you could not trick me with your sick mind games!". No, i'm just kidding, i just said that inside my head
    Anyway, keep being motivated, and i'm pretty sure you'll nail it next time
    Frank: Iím gay for Jamie.
    Liz: No, thatís not a thing. You canít be gay for just one person. Unless youíre a lady. And you meet Ellen.

Quote Originally Posted by woodstock25 View Post

I don't know if you have this - You have to drive from the point with "5" to the and of this trajectory, stop the car in designated place and then on the rear gear you have to go back without stopping and park in starting point. This red dots are bollards which you can't touch with car. And you also can't stop on white lines... First time I've done this good and when I park in starting point I let go of the clutch to early and car kind of jump back and push the bollard a little... And yesterday, on my second time I've drive on the end of trajectory but car was "standing" a little on white lines...
    Exams are awful... Thanks again for comforting words Really. And I hope next time I will manage this !
    We don't have cones or anything, just have to do similar maneuvers in the street; reverse around a corner, or reverse park in a bay.
    Sounds like you were really close, so not much to worry about! Just need some luck to get it right on the day!

I maintain that clutches are evil. Manual cars should be banned

It's funny how in the US you all use automatic cars, because in Portugal there's like 0,5% of them, all the rest are manuals lol
    Frank: Iím gay for Jamie.
    Liz: No, thatís not a thing. You canít be gay for just one person. Unless youíre a lady. And you meet Ellen.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice_Jones View Post
    It's funny how in the US you all use automatic cars, because in Portugal there's like 0,5% of them, all the rest are manuals lol
    It's the same here in Germany. Mostly older people use automatic cars here.
    Last edited by Ruhrpott89; 06-04-2013 at 06:01 PM.

This piggy drove my dad's straight gear sports car once...

He didn't ride with me, but it wasn't pretty.

Lots of stalling the engine.
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?