View Poll Results: Is Ellen a well known celebrity in your country?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, luckely

40 61.54%
  • No, unfortunalety

25 38.46%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Members

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

well. here in hongkong really not many know ellen. but it has been a lot better since ellen hosted the oscars!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by chinook View Post
    In our country ellen is very popular, if you have satellite tv you can watch her every morning from 7 am until the last show at 7 pm at night, its great and on weekends they show ellens sitcom, so ya we are very lucky here.
    the last show is at 8:00 for me and it shows the whole weeks shows back to back on sundays.. lol we are VERY lucky.. ellen really should be universal like the news.. but the difference is that news is depressing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Here in Australia she is quite well known! She may not be talked about all the time but as soon as I mention her to someone they'll say something like Oh I love her show, she's hilarious! A lot of people at my school know about her now if they didnt before because I NEVER stop talking about her, LOL. I have gotten heaps of people to start watching though, LOL.
    Sophie;

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Oh, and I watch Ellen on Arena, it airs on weekdays at about 11am-12pm. I'm at school, but luckily I have Foxtel IQ, so I record it, I think its the equivilant to TIVO? It also has some of the episodes replayed on the weekend.
    Sophie;

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default NZ tv

Her show airs here in New Zealand everyday at 2.30pm so she must be popular or they would have pulled it quick smart as they are good at doing that here if ratings are down.
    Everyone I know thinks shes fantastic...including my homophobic father!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by _ellenlicious View Post
    Here in Australia she is quite well known! She may not be talked about all the time but as soon as I mention her to someone they'll say something like Oh I love her show, she's hilarious! A lot of people at my school know about her now if they didnt before because I NEVER stop talking about her, LOL. I have gotten heaps of people to start watching though, LOL.
    I would have said that she is not quite well known. I mean, people know who she is but she's hardly ever talked about. I hardly ever see her in our mags or anything like that. She's only really talked about as the fact that she is gay, or a talk show host/comedian, or in reference to Portia.
    "Can you take these off?"
    "You take it off"
    "The other one" "No, really?"
    "See, i 'm taller then her"
    "Can I have my shoe back now?"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

TEDS is shown 4 times in 24hrs, 3am yes 3am!! then 9.30am and 5pm and on cable its 1pm and i can't watch at neither timeslots
    What the world really needs is more love and less paper work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12