Thread: I'm also a newbie,plz help me too...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default I'm also a newbie,plz help me too...

Hi everyone!!!I'm also new on this site, I hope kind hearted people will help me,I'm from the Philippines and here in our country I don't get to watch "The Ellen DeGeneres Show"no tv channel shows them.For me it's a great loss!!But I love Ellen sooo much that I bought all her shows or movies on DVD. Read all her articles on the web,search for every video clips she had on the show so that I'll be updated and logging on this site helps me so much.But still, I'm missing a lot coz I don't get to watch the entire show,not even one! :cry: If anybody got an idea so that I can watch the show even on vcd or dvd where can I buy?Please....Help me I'm desperate!!Thanks in advance! :wink:

Ellen-Fan
    In the words of Robin Williams: "the whitest f***ing state in the union"...It's true.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi and welcome! I don't have any ideas to help you, sorry. Hope you stick around anyway.
    "No day but today"-Jonathon Larson

Ellen-Fan
    Zeist, in a far away country called....Holland..
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi! I'm sorry I can't help you. I cannot watch TEDS here in Holland either.. :cry:
    Welcome to the site though and have fun around here!!!
    "Never let go what you believe in. Do never let people make you think you're something you're not

"Be Strong, Speak True, and Spread the Peace"-MLE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Is it legal...?!?

Hi,

hhhmmm... I life in germany but I've the "Ellen DeGeneres Show" (I've a (rotating) SAT-Dish) on my PC (only the interviews I've recorded). My question is, is it legal to share it with others? It's recorded from television... so no copy from an original or something like that. I think/guess this is legal... isn't it?!?
    Greetings... Vizitor -> Webmaster -> Ellen-DeGeneres.com

Ellen-Fan
    Zeist, in a far away country called....Holland..
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Is it legal...?!?

Quote Originally Posted by vizitor
    Hi,

hhhmmm... I life in germany but I've the "Ellen DeGeneres Show" (I've a (rotating) SAT-Dish) on my PC (only the interviews I've recorded). My question is, is it legal to share it with others? It's recorded from television... so no copy from an original or something like that. I think/guess this is legal... isn't it?!?
    I'm not sure, but as it's taped from tv and not from the an original I'd say it's legal. I'm a member of a Melissa Etheridge group and people share these kind of things all the time. So I'd say it's legal but again, I'm not sure.
    "Never let go what you believe in. Do never let people make you think you're something you're not

"Be Strong, Speak True, and Spread the Peace"-MLE

Ellen-Fan
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Is it legal...?!?

Quote Originally Posted by laura123
    Quote Originally Posted by vizitor
    Hi,

I'm not sure, but as it's taped from tv and not from the an original I'd say it's legal. I'm a member of a Melissa Etheridge group and people share these kind of things all the time. So I'd say it's legal but again, I'm not sure.
    I'm sorry, but it's not legal. Regardless of the mode of tranmission or the way that the recording was obtained, it is still copyrighted material that cannot be retransmitted w/o the permission of the copyright holder. While fans do share things (which helps out those who cannot see or hear it any other way) & others use the P2P platform, it is all the same. Shhhh.