Thread: How do you see if she is lesbian?

Default How do you see if she is lesbian?

Hi,
    I have a family-friend who I know since childhood, but we had no personal contact. The last 4 years she was in Norway and we started to have more contact. Now she is back and we have more contact and really fun. Last week we met and had a very nice day. Sometimes we had a long eye contact and I thought....maybe there is something...
    But I don't know.

I heard from some people, that you can see it, if somebody is interested in you.

How can you see if somebody is interested in you??
    What can I do??

She is nearly 40 and not married, but this is not the best sign

You can tell.. But its not always the most common thing to just so happen to meet another lesbian, I think its actually harder than meeting men, and thats hard in itself for many woman, I would say, spend more time together, see if there is more bonding and connection, maybe you can think of things to do that are more intimate settings (not like doing anything or whatnot, lol) but usually if there are feelings, you have a good connection, and the levels move up... its hard to explain, lol. give it some more time..i wouldnt just go out and ask her right off ..

It's easy to misread people. The best thing is to start a conversation about something gay related (maybe Ellen) ansd see what she says. You can pick up things from this. Preferably a lengthy conversation so she can't just ignore it. Ellen is a good conversation point. How far she's come. How popular she is. Her coming out episode, etc

She may know that you are gay and is flirting but not serious. Some people are like that as it makes them feel popular or powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by moon1 View Post
    It's easy to misread people. The best thing is to start a conversation about something gay related (maybe Ellen) ansd see what she says. You can pick up things from this. Preferably a lengthy conversation so she can't just ignore it. Ellen is a good conversation point. How far she's come. How popular she is. Her coming out episode, etc
    Very nicely put...

The problem is that here in germany the most people don't know Ellen. If her shows are in tv than really late night.
    But I will try, maybe she knows her like I do.
    The only thing is that I am flying back to dubai next week and talking about Ellen over email is not the best thing, because you can't really see the reaction.
    I am not really good in realizing any signals. I even don't see a new hair cut

When she doesn't know Ellen, you could talk about Hella von Sinnen, Anne Will, Vera Int Veen or someone else.