Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Gosh!

  1. #1
    Senior Member B*EDPD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    334

    Default Gosh!

    Ok, lets get this straight. I have absolutely nothing against gay people. Everyone has the right to be respected, whether gay, straight, bi or anything else. No one is lesser than anyone in my opinion, and no one deserves to be treated differently becuase of the one they love.

    So heres the thing: I am straight, but I think my parents think I am a lesbian.

    Heres how this came about:

    I was talking to my Dad a while ago and we were talking about the shows we liked. I told him I liked The Ellen DeGeneres Show. He said "You know she's gay?" which is the response i almost always get, which irritates me because it doesn't make any difference what the sexual preference is, yet people are judging her based on her orientation. I mean, if i had said I liked Oprah, people wouldn't say "You know she's straight?" Argh. Anyway, after a while he asked me if I was like my Aunt (who is a lesbian). I told him no and asked him why he would think that and he said "Well I don't know, but your Mum wanted to know too".

    So then when Mum got home i asked her why she thought I was, and these were her reasons:
    - I watch The Ellen DeGeneres Show
    - My two favourite singers are female (Mariah Carey and Pink)
    - I don't wear dresses (thats for the simple fact that i don't like them)
    - I haven't mentioned a boy to her in a while

    That's it.

    I told her I'm not and then she said ok, but I still have a feeling that they don't believe me, because there's small gestures and hints they make that make me think that they still think im gay.

    Am I being totally stupid for getting annoyed with this? Please tell me her reasons are silly, that it's not just me who thinks it. I mean its not that i hate being called gay, it's just that when I tell them I'm not, they don't believe me.

    (And to all those who do, thankyou for taking the time to read my rambling :P . Trust me, other than this, I'm a happy person...LOL)


    Laugh.Dance.Love

  2. #2
    Ellen-Fan drummonger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Posts
    826

    Default

    If you say it doesn't matter to you, then why do you care? Just asking.

  3. #3
    Senior Member B*EDPD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drummonger View Post
    If you say it doesn't matter to you, then why do you care? Just asking.
    It's just coz they still sort of say it.

    Like when I was watching E! news the other day Ellen was on about her Idol position, and I said "Thats gunna be so cool!" and Dad says straight away "Is that because you're gay?"

    And when we go out ill put on jeans and Mum will tell me that people will probably think I'm a lesbian.

    Its just that it gets repetitive, so its annoying. Also it annoys me coz it sounds like they are so against gay people. Like as i said, as soon as i said i likes the show, they say "you know shes gay?" and that Mum said people might think I'm a lesbian, like theres something wrong with being one. Which is upsetting becuase it just shows how far away we are from becoming a world where people don't judge others.

    Do you see what I mean?

    Laugh.Dance.Love

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B*EDPD View Post
    My two favourite singers are female (Mariah Carey and Pink)
    what does that has to do with anything?

  5. #5

    Default

    My dad thought the same way sometimes because of my obsession with Ellen, like he saw me watch her show on tv and then i'd go on my PC and watch her and since the show starts at 4 and i get home at 3:55 I say hi to my parents and go watch her, so one day he's like confronting me about how when i get home she's the first thing i focus on and how I constantly watch her and he was trying to hint to me "So what are you gay too?" and like he's black and my mom is white but my dad, I told him...i'm like "LISTEN...some years ago just because of your skin colour you would never be aloud here and have the rights you have today, so why do you discriminate other people when you could have been going through the same thing, i'm sure you wouldn't find it fair if you had to be someone's slave just because of your skin colour" I really gave it to him and gave him the silent treatment for two days...since then he doesn't mind me watching her.

    What you can do? Try to find something that'll hit the hard spot and give them the silent treatment if it gets to that point where you've convinced them because then they'll always think about the last thing you said. For some people that's the only way they can get it through their brain. I hope they'll leave you alone.
    Proud Shortie of the EDSHFC!

  6. #6
    Unreachable DegeneresDerossi2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    My Location is some were nice and far way
    Posts
    6,241
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllenIsNumber1 View Post
    My dad thought the same way sometimes because of my obsession with Ellen, like he saw me watch her show on tv and then i'd go on my PC and watch her and since the show starts at 4 and i get home at 3:55 I say hi to my parents and go watch her, so one day he's like confronting me about how when i get home she's the first thing i focus on and how I constantly watch her and he was trying to hint to me "So what are you gay too?" and like he's black and my mom is white but my dad, I told him...i'm like "LISTEN...some years ago just because of your skin colour you would never be aloud here and have the rights you have today, so why do you discriminate other people when you could have been going through the same thing, i'm sure you wouldn't find it fair if you had to be someone's slave just because of your skin colour" I really gave it to him and gave him the silent treatment for two days...since then he doesn't mind me watching her.

    What you can do? Try to find something that'll hit the hard spot and give them the silent treatment if it gets to that point where you've convinced them because then they'll always think about the last thing you said. For some people that's the only way they can get it through their brain. I hope they'll leave you alone.
    My uncle the same way why do you tape Ellen why so you Like her and her wife? i say this Ellen is human and Portia human , Ellen funny and other shows are not .I think that Ellen degneres has a gift to all . Like watching B.O.T love it. Ellen is someone you can look up to and she thier.........I have a life I like scoer i like to run and than i take a time out hour everyday to watch Ellen ......than my uncle backed offfffff
    Ellen DeGeneres is one of a kind Portia is one of a kind

  7. #7
    Ellen-Fan PortiaLove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    California.
    Posts
    1,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arcticM View Post
    what does that has to do with anything?
    lol, i was wondering the same thing, i didnt know they had a huge lesbian fan base?



  8. #8
    Senior Member B*EDPD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arcticM View Post
    what does that has to do with anything?
    Exactly my point! that was one of her reasons... So if she actually tells me, imagine how many other people she judges.

    Laugh.Dance.Love

  9. #9
    Senior Member B*EDPD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shephren View Post
    The authenticity of your acts to the everyday life and the loyalty in your intrinsic identity have some value, the rest is unimportant...
    I love Paolo Nutini, MJ, U2... and I am gay! You listen to Pink, carey, you look at TEDS and for your parents, you are gay. The reasoning is a little bit simplistic isn't it?!
    Exactly! Thankfully I'm not the only one who thinks that

    Laugh.Dance.Love

  10. #10
    Senior Member B*EDPD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DegeneresDerossi2007 View Post
    My uncle the same way why do you tape Ellen why so you Like her and her wife? i say this Ellen is human and Portia human , Ellen funny and other shows are not .I think that Ellen degneres has a gift to all . Like watching B.O.T love it. Ellen is someone you can look up to and she thier.........I have a life I like scoer i like to run and than i take a time out hour everyday to watch Ellen ......than my uncle backed offfffff
    Yeah it's annoying, because all they recognise Ellen and Portia are is lesbians.

    They don't realise that Ellen and Portias shows are actually all hilarious and they are great role models for the facts that they are vegan, are so consious of animals, never want to make others the butt of a joke, are both kind etc.

    All they see is the sexual preference, and I think that's a bit unfair, not only to me, but to them as well, and every other gay.

    As I said before, it seems a long way before people will accept everyone for who they are.

    (I'm glad I have people in this conversation that understand what I'm talking about. Lucky I joined!)

    Laugh.Dance.Love

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •