Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bi to Gay

Default Bi to Gay

I have this problem. I'm a bisexual girl, but I don't know if I may be completely gay or not. I do prefer women obviously, a lot more, but I don't know if I still like men or not. I haven't liked a guy in ages, and I don't find them physically attractive much, it's all about personality for me. I'm like that with women as well. Also, I haven't had a sexual relationship with a guy or a women, so I guess this makes me stall in my decision even more because I haven't had the proper experience.

Any advice guys? Ellen - care to share your thoughts lol?

Heather xxxx
    Ms Heather

Join my Les/Gay/Bi/TG Support/community myspace on www.myspace.com/loveopenly

I kinda have the same thing actually

I know, it's bloody hard isn't it???
    Ms Heather

"Labels are for filing. Labels are for clothing. Labels are not for people."

~Martina Navratilova

It's incredibly confusing in the "definition" sense, but following your heart is not confusing at all.

You make a lot of sense.
    Ms Heather

I think what you're describing is fairly common

Have you ever heard of the Kinsey scale? (He did studies on sexual behavior)
    I believe, like Kinsey, that most people are somewhere in between exclusively hetro- or homosexual.

"Males do not represent two discrete populations, heterosexual and homosexual. The world is not to be divided into sheep and goats. It is a fundamental of taxonomy that nature rarely deals with discrete categories... The living world is a continuum in each and every one of its aspects. While emphasising the continuity of the gradations between exclusively heterosexual and exclusively homosexual histories, it has seemed desirable to develop some sort of classification which could be based on the relative amounts of heterosexual and homosexual experience or response in each history... An individual may be assigned a position on this scale, for each period in his life.... A seven-point scale comes nearer to showing the many gradations that actually exist." (Kinsey, et al. (1948). pp. 639, 656)

The scale is as follows:
    0 Exclusively heterosexual
    1 Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual
    2 Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual
    3 Equally heterosexual and homosexual
    4 Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual
    5 Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual
    6 Exclusively homosexual
    X Asexual
    Procrastinate now, don't put it off!

Not that im in any position to give advice, but if i was it would be to follow your heart and see where it leads as.......

Quote Originally Posted by linda76 View Post
    following your heart is not confusing at all.
    "and Dad finally paid attention to my intellect" - Lindsey, A.D.

Hi hereís my point of view. Donít label yourself as anything. Me personally im kinda the same as you. The odd guy I come into contact with is ok but I do go mainly for other girls. Infact at the moment I do have one particular girl I really like and she likes me back apparently quite a bit and well ok we are not officially going out but were pretty close. What im trying to say is the gender does not matter to me, just the person and there personality. If this girl that I have got close to was a bloke I would still love her just as much as long as the personality was the same. I recon itís the individual person you fall for, not the gender so donít worry about labelling yourself as being gay, or bi or even straight. Things will work themselves out and in the mean time just go with what feels right and what you enjoy.

Hope this helps.

Good points everyone, but man Ana Matronic, you described me perfectly! I have the exact same problem!
    -Velissa

------------------Veli&Nattie----------------
    ~~~Together 2 years and 2 months~~~

Just be patient and the answers will come to you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast