Thread: Question regarding Ellen's father

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Smile Question regarding Ellen's father

It is obvious that the members of this site are the biggest Ellen fans there ever could be. You guys know more about Ellen than Ellen knows about herself! Anyways, Ellen's mother, Betty is regularly mentioned on the show and is featured in various segments, but seldom does Ellen mention her father, Mr. Elliot DeGeneres. The only time I remember her mentioning him was in her wedding monologue. Oh, and once when an Idol contestant was a guest on her show and Ellen mentioned how her father adored the Idol contestant and how sad he was when she left. So, can somebody tell me where is he now and what exactly happened between him and Ellen when Ellen first came out? I heard that he remarried or something and his wife disapproved of homosexuality. If you can, please provide some more info about him, I don't want to sound like a creep but I want to know more about Ellen's family. Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

She also recently mentioned him by saying that "classic joke monday" is his favorite segment of the show.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Betty Degeneres

Another thing , may be not so relevant but, since her parents are divorced, I wonder why her mother is still mentioned as Degeneres, not only mentioned but also used as in her books, as well as on the show. That's quite interesting...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Many woman stays with ex husbands last name. It's totally normal for me.
    http://i48.tinypic.com/npfcyt.jpg
    "When I see your face
    there's not a thing that I would change
    cause you're amazing just the way you are".
    http://www.youtube.com/user/somevideos851

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
    It is obvious that the members of this site are the biggest Ellen fans there ever could be. You guys know more about Ellen than Ellen knows about herself! Anyways, Ellen's mother, Betty is regularly mentioned on the show and is featured in various segments, but seldom does Ellen mention her father, Mr. Elliot DeGeneres. The only time I remember her mentioning him was in her wedding monologue. Oh, and once when an Idol contestant was a guest on her show and Ellen mentioned how her father adored the Idol contestant and how sad he was when she left. So, can somebody tell me where is he now and what exactly happened between him and Ellen when Ellen first came out? I heard that he remarried or something and his wife disapproved of homosexuality. If you can, please provide some more info about him, I don't want to sound like a creep but I want to know more about Ellen's family. Thanks
    Her father did not accept her being gay in the beginning. She has made amends with him, but I believe he will always be in the background.
    A few years ago there were forest fires in her dad's neighborhood. His house was either damaged or a total loss. He and his family stayed with Ellen for some time. He was also in her audience once during this ordeal. She introduced him.
    Ellen with her kind heart helped her dad as she should've. But momma will always be #1 in her life.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ania_A View Post
    Many woman stays with ex husbands last name. It's totally normal for me.
    and.....it's a famous last name that can open doors.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by itrack4u View Post
    You old cynic you LOL!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yes it is. Now. But back then, when they got divorced it was name like many others. Of course when Ellen started her career and got famous the situation has changed.
    http://i48.tinypic.com/npfcyt.jpg
    "When I see your face
    there's not a thing that I would change
    cause you're amazing just the way you are".
    http://www.youtube.com/user/somevideos851

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by suki View Post
    You old cynic you LOL!
    LOL oh my goodness

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

A few years ago there were forest fires in her dad's neighborhood. His house was either damaged or a total loss. He and his family stayed with Ellen for some time. He was also in her audience once during this ordeal. She introduced him.
    This is new to me, I heard her mention her dad a few times in the show, other than the wedding video, I haven't seen her on the show even as a member of the audience. Anybody has a clip of this? Thanks in advance

Oh but she did talk about her dad, one full chapter, in her second book "The Funny Thing Is...". It's comedy material so, it's hard to know which ones are real and which ones are not
    Seriously... I'm Kidd

"If you only read books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone is thinking" - Haruki Murakami