Thread: TEDS taping information

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default TEDS taping information

hi everyone! sorry to bother you but i've been googling non stop to see if i could find the answers to my taping questions, but ive had no luck. I hope that maybe some of you who have gone to recent tapings or those of you who simply know tons about the show can help me.

1. How does Ellen's taping schedule work? Such as, does she tape one day before the actual show? I heard she does mon-wed and twice on thursdays?

2. Has anyone tried to get stand-by tickets on the day of a specific taping? If so, how easy was it and when should i call?

3. Can you bring cameras with you into the studio? Also, i have a friend who wants to go to a taping with me but she's 17 and i'm 18. I read that you must be 14 to attend a taping accompanied by an adult; would i count as the adult she comes with?

Thank you for taking your time to read this thread, if you could answer some of these questions that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanksss =]

by the way, i submitted the thread before i fixed the typo (I meant TEDS..dont know how i got EDTS..lol..) but i have no idea how to fix it!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I can try a few of those...

1) under normal circumstances they tape Monday through Thursday.
    One show is taped on each day Monday through Wednesday and two shows on Thursday.
    Shows are normally broadcast the following day with the exception of Thursday in which the first taping is normally broadcast Friday and the second taping on the following Monday.

This does vary at times. They have also on at least two occasions that I am aware of, taped the Monday show first and then the Friday show.

They have also doubled up on other occasions to cover for special tapings, such as when they go to Orlando or New York or if Ellen has some other commitment. The taping that would normally be for Monday is used for the first show after a holiday such as Christmas. You can sometimes spot those shows because Ellen seems to like to joke about it not seeming like the new year, since of course it isn't when she taped the show.

2) There is a note on how to order same day tickets on the ticket page
    http://ellen.warnerbros.com/tickets/

3) Cameras are not allowed in the studio. When they do remote shows, you can apparently have them as long as you only take photos before or after the show or during commercial breaks.

I can fix the thread title for you.
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? Do YouTube? What about facing a book?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jlilest View Post
    I can try a few of those...

1) under normal circumstances they tape Monday through Thursday.
    One show is taped on each day Monday through Wednesday and two shows on Thursday.
    Shows are normally broadcast the following day with the exception of Thursday in which the first taping is normally broadcast Friday and the second taping on the following Monday.

This does vary at times. They have also on at least two occasions that I am aware of, taped the Monday show first and then the Friday show.

They have also doubled up on other occasions to cover for special tapings, such as when they go to Orlando or New York or if Ellen has some other commitment. The taping that would normally be for Monday is used for the first show after a holiday such as Christmas. You can sometimes spot those shows because Ellen seems to like to joke about it not seeming like the new year, since of course it isn't when she taped the show.

2) There is a note on how to order same day tickets on the ticket page

3) Cameras are not allowed in the studio. When they do remote shows, you can apparently have them as long as you only take photos before or after the show or during commercial breaks.

I can fix the thread title for you.
    thank you for fixing the thread name AND for answering the questions!!=] Do you happen to know if theres a number where i can call the show and ask them about the age question? It would be a huge bummer if me and my friend drive up and have them tell us she can't go in since she's 17.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

The ticket page says you have to be 14 or older and do need ID...

It is in the fourth paragraph.

You have to have an adult in the party, which I would interpret as 18 or older, but I didn't see that specifically.
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? Do YouTube? What about facing a book?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

#2: last year I tried to get stand-by 'day of' tickets, and they told me to call a number, between the times of 8 am-12 pm. So I called the number and all I got was an answering machine. I said screw it, I knew I had a better chance of getting tickets if I went down to the show, and waited in line.

So when I went down there, I did make some friends while waiting in line to check in. I told the people in front of me my situation, and they were gracious enough to let me have there spare ticket. So, that's how I got in the show.

so, in my experiences, you're better off just going down there, cause someone might have an extra ticket to spare.
    "Give me Liberty or Give me Death." ~Patrick Henry

http://twitter.com/1LauraVallejo

Unreachable AnastasiaBeavrhausen's Avatar
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I went to her birthday show and spent the night in the rain on the curb outside in line FOR stand by tickets. I was about 8 people behind the beginning of the standby line. And I ended up with standby tickets... we were hoping the people in front of me would get in the audience then we would too if the guaranteed people didnt show up. But since we got stand by, we were offered guaranteed seats for the future and those were for the audience. I'm not sure how they will do it now... but I would think it would be the same. Stand by tickets means you will be in the riff raff room. Does this make sense because I re read this and now Im confused!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Does anyone know what Monday's 4pm taping will be? We just got tickets!! Thanks, Lisa

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Assuming the normal taping schedule, that will be the following day's show.
    James

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jlilest View Post
    Assuming the normal taping schedule, that will be the following day's show.
    Thanks - I see on another website that Tuesday, Sept 23 will be Allison Janney, Wolfgang Puck, the Pussycat Dolls

Should be a good show! I wonder if Wolfgang Puck will cook...