| A Message from Ellen (17 - 21 November 2008)|
|Well, it finally happened. No, I’m not wearing a dress. My staff finally scared me. And they used STEVE CARELL to do it. That was fun and terrifying… it was terrifunning! |
Actually, the whole week was filled with surprises:
- I was in the middle of a show and suddenly JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE came out to surprise me. And this all happened while I was awake, ladies!
- Then we surprised TAYLOR SWIFT with her best friend.
- Then we surprised TAYLOR SWIFT with JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE.
- And OMG, my BFF, PARIS HILTON made a surprise appearance. I can call her whenever I want.
- I called a home viewer and surprised her with an amazing AFRICAN SAFARI!
- HEIDI KLUM and I surprised two audience members with makeup makeovers. Don’t try this at home… we’re professionals.
- And surprising or not, we celebrated our 900th show this week! I don’t feel a day over 250. In honor of our 900th show - I gave away a car. Well, she earned it.
We have 900 more shows coming up, which will include the long awaited return of the handsy, CHRIS MATTHEWS! I’ll be ready for him. And, we’re gonna be in Las Vegas, baby! I’ve already got my suitcase full of quarters and my lucky underpants.
I’m gonna be doing a LIVE VLOG on Wednesday, November 19th 2008. I’ll be LIVE FROM LAS VEGAS! Log on to our website early Wednesday morning to find out what time I’ll be LIVE in the afternoon. I don’t know what time it’ll be - probably just after my disco-nap. Mommy needs her disco-nap… especially in Vegas!
See ya, Ellen
Note: Text from Ellen's Newsletter (16. November 2008)
|Posted by vizitor on Tuesday, November 18, 2008 @ 22:56:23 CET|
| A Message from Ellen (10 - 14 November 2008)|
|What an amazing week. Historic! Moving! Riveting! It was a first! Yes, Cher was here! And, of course, we have a new president. Congratulations to Barack and Michelle and the kids… I know them. They were on the show. Anyway, I’m not bragging, I’m just saying I danced with the next president and the next first lady. I love my job. |
We got to play games all week. Because it’s my show and I do what I want… also, it was ELLEN GONE WILD GAME WEEK! (You can make your own fun sound effect right now, just like we do in the studio.) The winner got a trip to Africa!! She seemed excited.
I was also inspired by the AGAPE INTERNATIONAL CHILDREN’S CHOIR. Beautiful!
And this had to be my favorite segment of the week: we were wowed by some KID INVENTORS! Everybody wants equality. Everybody gets an itch. Everybody needs to see things more clearly under water.
I’m not sure what my favorite part of next week will be. Will it be when the hilarious Steve Carell stops by? Or maybe it’ll be when the unpredictable Heidi Klum visits on Monday. Speaking of unpredictable, I’m also gonna get someone else to wear a hidden camera and a mic and have them say whatever I want to some unsuspecting people. If you liked it when I made Dennis Quaid do it, wait ‘til you see this! And we’re having a huge 900th Show celebration on Thursday. It’s gonna be just like the first 899, but better!
Have a wunnerful weekend... Ellen
Note: Text from Ellen's Newsletter (11. November 2008)
|Posted by vizitor on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 @ 19:00:41 CET|
| A Message from Ellen (27 - 31 October 2008)|
|Hey everybody. I hope you had a great Halloween. I’m writing this letter from my closet… it’s not what you think. I’m in here waiting for Portia to open the closet door and then I’m gonna scream, “AAAAAHHHHHHH!” and scare the bejeezus out of her. I’ve been scaring people all week… I can’t stop. |
Actually, the whole week was surprising:
- CLINT EASTWOOD stopped by and surprised us!
- So did NICK JONAS!
- We had some Vegas showgirls here, and we sent them next door to surprise GEORGE CLOONEY.
- WANDA SYKES surprised us with a great costume and a surprise announcement -- she’s black!
- We had some surprise guests get in our dunk tank: MARIO LOPEZ and NEIL PATRICK HARRIS.
- Also, ZAC EFRON was here (No surprise… he was adorable!).
- And I went clubbing with PARIS HILTON (Also, no surprise… it was HOT!).
Then the staff tried to scare me… I was expecting it -- but still… Wait, I think I hear Portia… but, don’t forget, next week CHER’S gonna be on the show! And we’re kicking off GAME WEEK. Plus, PATRICK DEMPSEY, SAMUEL L. JACKSON, and I go golfing with JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE. Here she comes… AAAAAHHHHHH!! Works every time.
P.S. I promise this is the last time I ask you, but please vote on November 4th!!
And, if you live in California, please:
- Vote Yes on Prop 2 -- which will improve living conditions for animals and not cost you a penny.
- And, Vote No on Prop 8! By defeating Proposition 8 we can preserve everyone’s right to marry!
Note: Text from Ellen's Newsletter (02. November 2008)
|Posted by vizitor on Sunday, November 02, 2008 @ 14:24:52 CET|
| A Message from Ellen (03 - 07 November 2008)|
|This week had all the makings of a great presidential election. It was splashy and surprising -- it had alarms, bells, whistles, rebuttals, screaming, and of course… deception. |
And… an actual candidate! Democratic Vice Presidential candidate, SENATOR JOE BIDEN stopped by. He helped me make a big decision. And then it got splashy when he dunked a surprise guest -- JULIA LOUIS DREYFUS -- in our dunk tank.
All the ladies whistled when COLIN FARRELL was here! I'll kiss whoever I want… it's MY show!
Alarms went off when I thought we caught GEORGE CLOONEY in our GEORGE WATCH '08 trap! By George, it was another George. But I won't give up -- I'll get you GEORGE CLOONEY -- if it's the last thing I do!
I got to give my rebuttal to something Republican Vice Presidential candidate, Governor Sarah Palin said on television. Again, I get to say whatever I want… it's my show.
The screaming started when I showed some scaaaaaaary videos. One of them is so good, I'm gonna show it over and over -- because you're gonna want to see it over and over.
We also played a great game of "Your Face Rings a Bell" when VANESSA HUDGENS was here!
And, we put a device in KRISTIN CHENOWETH's ear and sent her to the Warner Bros. gym. She had to say everything I told her to say. It was deceptive and hilarious! She forgot to take it out and I've been talking in her ear ever since… she's made a lot of friends.
Next week could be just as crazy -- CHRIS ROCK will be here! Plus ZAC EFRON! And I go clubbing with PARIS HILTON. I better find my mini-skirt…
See ya, Ellen
Note: Text from Ellen's Newsletter (26. October 2008)
|Posted by vizitor on Monday, October 27, 2008 @ 17:53:37 CET|
| A Message from Ellen (20 - 24 October 2008)|
|Can you smell it? Love is in the air. Our writer LAUREN POMERANTZ finally met the man who wrote in and called her, "cute and loveable." Yes, this week, KENNETH LABONVILLE was here! Their first date included a romantic lunch on Olive Avenue and a spirited game of, "Doughnuts for Dough"! |
Speaking of "Doughnuts for Dough" -- the people voted and that's why we had to play it again. Democracy isn't always right.
The rest of the week made up for it:
- MARK WAHLBERG was here! He's adorable -- even with clothes on.
- DAKOTA FANNING stopped by. I gave her a driving lesson -- her first. Luckily, she won't be on the road anytime soon.
- LISA KUDROW and I hung out at Central Perk. She hadn't been there in years.
- We played a really fun game -- my favorite -- The Aw Snap! Game
- And I had the most hilarious time with DENNIS QUAID. I put a device in his ear and sent him to Starbucks where he had to say everything I told him to say. Not only does "Dennis Quaid Want Some Coffee," but he's also a lot of fun!
What a fantastic week! And there's more to come. Next week, Vice Presidential candidate JOE BIDEN's gonna be here! And COLIN FARRELL too. Plus, the star of "High School Musical 3" -- VANESSA HUDGENS. And, I don't know if LAUREN and KENNETH are gonna have a second date, but I'm gonna start knitting little booties for their baby right now. Auntie Ellen can dream...
See ya next week, Ellen
Note: Text from Ellen's Newsletter (19. October 2008)
|Posted by vizitor on Sunday, October 19, 2008 @ 13:25:03 CEST|
Link to us
|1|| United States|
|2|| United Kingdom|